Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Any input on my itinerary or questions will be appreciated

• sarahoak24

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2012
    Location Global Village

We are two experienced women travelers and will be travelling in Vietnam for three weeks going from South to North and visiting the following places: HCMC, Ben Tre or Can Tho, Hue, Danang (Hoi An, My Son) , Sapa , Cat Ba Island and Hanoi .

A few questions:
    1. If booking a room on line, I want to make sure I am understanding what a double room is. We need two beds, can be two twins or better. Is that a double room. Or if I specfify double, I get one double bed?

2. Is there an efficient way to use public transportation to travel from Sapa to Ha Long Bay without going through Hanoi?

3. Hanoi vs HCMC

Thank you in advance

#1 Posted: 27/1/2013 - 17:23

• Advertisement

• LolaNguyen

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

O.K - the room thing is simple, a double more often than not has two beds, to be on the safe side if booking online then just write a quick note stating the fact that you require 2 beds with your reservation.
    2. I'm sure you could get buses from Sapa to Ha Long bay without going through the city, but I imagine it would be a bit of a challenge and may take a lot longer to get from A to B, but I'm sure the scenery would be very rewarding.
    Ha Noi or HCMC..Three weeks is plenty of time to incorporate a couple of days in both cities if you could fly in to one and out of the other it would be worth doing, both are an easy flight from Da Nang and offer two different city experiences well worth your time.

#2 Posted: 28/1/2013 - 00:49

• sarahoak24

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2012
    Location Global Village

Thank you - Your answer and other posts have been very helpful. Travelfish rocks!

#3 Posted: 29/1/2013 - 23:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Phu Quoc: Mai House vs Beach Club Input Appreciated! ... By debburdick on 11 Jun 2008 0 2222 11 Jun 2008