Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Quick, cheap way to get from Hoi An to Bangkok

• cpelser

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2013

Hi.

Me and my wife will need to get from Hoi An to Bangkok. I'm struggling to find a relatively cheap, fast way to do this, but I either get expensive quotes, or it takes a long time.

Options:
    * A Flight from Da Nang or Hue would be first choice - Does any budget carrier fly this route?
    ** Night train to HCMC or Hanoi and budget flight - Which way is faster / better? Currently this looks like the best value/time option.

My biggest difficulty is that I can't seem to find a budget carrier that fly either directly, or via HCMC with a short transit time.

Also, should I book the flight now (it will be mid March) or leave it till the week before?

#1 Posted: 31/1/2013 - 03:02

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You'll be having to go via Hanoi or Saigon.

Vietjet fly Da Nang to Saigon arriving SGN 6pm and there is an AirAsia flight SGN to BKK at 9:30pm -- that's a pretty good connection after a quick search if I don't say so myself :-)

Also look at combinations with Jetstar and perhaps Vietnam Airlines -- the latter sometimes have good deals when booked in advance -- both fly Da Nang - Saigon.

I'd be booking the tickets now -- assuming your dates are settled, the low cost carriers tend to jack up prices closer to departure.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 31/1/2013 - 03:30

• cpelser

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2013

Thanks, I thought so..

Thanks for those budget liners too, I didn't know of VietJet's existence.
    I'm basically going to do what you also listed in reply to my itinerary questions here:
    http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/indochina/20957_23-days---split-between-vietnam-and-thailand---comments-please

#3 Posted: 31/1/2013 - 03:52

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi,

Ok glad was helpful - have a good trip :)

#4 Posted: 31/1/2013 - 21:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.