Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Advice on travelling Saigon-Hanoi? Bamba Experience?

• mpmcintosh94

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2013

Hi all,

I'll be arriving in Saigon mid May and will be there until 20th June. During this period my rough plan is to travel from Saigon to Hanoi, what lies in between I guess depends on my travel method and how spontaneous I'm feeling.

The company 'Bamba Experience' seems really good to me, its a Hop-on Hop-off bus pass in simple terms. It is valid for 12months and you book online a few days before you plan to begin the route. There's various trips or tours or experiences along the way which all sound great, including a Mekong Delta tour, Snorkling Trip, Cycling trip and Halong Bay tour (off the top of my head) - in each destination you do something different. I can get this for about £400.
    What I'm basically asking is whether it is worth it? It will provide ease of transport, include tours that I might do anyway and may be more legitimate. So do I buy this in advance? Or just stay 100% independent, and buy a motorcycle etc etc?

I'm finding it hard to find any reviews on Bamba Experience specifically in Vietnam on any other travel site or anywhere online.

Any information on Vietnam south-north or Bamba Experience is great!
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 13/2/2013 - 06:00

• Advertisement

• jtdoesit

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm a Vietnamese, but never heard of Bamba Experience :) I would love the idea of buying a motorbike to travel

#2 Posted: 13/2/2013 - 22:16

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Open tour buses in Vietnam have a very poor reputation. Often what they advertise is very poorly delivered, if at all. Unless you get good solid recommendations for that company, I would reconsider your plans. INVESTIGATE, INVESTIGATE, INVESTIGATE, or you could have one miserable trip!

#3 Posted: 14/2/2013 - 09:09

• TravelingDa-
    ve

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2013

I wouldn't trust it. There are alot of scams in SEA and this looks like one. The best thing to do is research where you want to visit and work out travel routes using online guides and travel books.

To me finding out about the places and planning a route is the first fun thing about travel. Gets you all excited about doing it.

#4 Posted: 15/2/2013 - 12:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travelling from Saigon to Hanoi March 2011 ... By Supergundo on 17 Feb 2011 12 2369 15 Mar 2011
Irish Male Travelling from Hanoi to Saigon on motorbike 26Oct -20Nov ... By Colin23 on 5 Oct 2010 1 1975 6 Oct 2010
Saigon-Hanoi via Cambodia/Laos-itinerary advice please! ... By ugogrrrl on 6 Dec 2011 0 1634 6 Dec 2011
Advice on Itinerary- 7 days travel Saigon to Hanoi ... By raineong on 26 Mar 2013 7 2999 4 Apr 2013