Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam in May 2013

• bismoystud

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2011

Hi,

I am planning a 2 week tour to vietnam in may.Dates are fixed. 5th may -start from saigon and go upwards via nha trang-hue-hanoi-halong bay and return back from hanoi on 19th may.
    Heard that the weather is different in south, centre and the north.
    I have just one concern-How is the rains and the humidity?Does it rain all day??
    I dont want to waste whole days sitting in my hotel due to rains.

Please help.

#1 Posted: 13/2/2013 - 11:52

• Advertisement

• jtdoesit

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

May would be ideal, as the weather is quite the same from South to North. There's not much rain yet in May, but as you make a stop at Hue, you should expect rain :) And why don't you consider visiting Da Nang - Hoi An . Hoi An is probably the best place to visit in Vietnam (at least, according to Wanderlust 2013 Travel Awards). I would also pay Sapa a visit while I'm in Hanoi

#2 Posted: 13/2/2013 - 22:13

• bismoystud

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2011

Hi jtdoesit,

Actually would like if you help me plan my central vietnam plan for 3 nights. Basically my main aim is to do the haivan pass on a motorbike(topgear style) and visit the Unesco world heritage sites at hue and hoi an.
    What would you recommend my plan should be. I would leave nha trang by train for central vietnam and would like to stay not more than 3 nights.
    Thank you.

#3 Posted: 14/2/2013 - 00:47

• LolaNguyen

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Tight, but not impossible. If you arrive early in Hoi An on day one you should be able to tick the old town off in a day, stay overnight in a hotel and do a motorbike transfer via the Hai Van Pass to Hue on day two, day three Hue. The weather in Central Vietnam at that time is perfect, dry and not too humid so you should get good views from Hai Van.

#4 Posted: 14/2/2013 - 03:49

• Sam007

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

The Hai Van pass is spectacular. We hired a driver and car from the hotel that we were staying but if you plan do do this route on a motorcycle then it will really take your breath away. The top is a bit of a tourist trap with vendors trying to sell you something. From China beach we passed some fishing villages before heading back to our hotel in Hue.

#5 Posted: 14/2/2013 - 06:59

• bismoystud

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2011

Thanks Jenny.

Will definitely get in touch with your friend.

#6 Posted: 17/2/2013 - 22:52

• PhiMeow

Click here to learn more about PhiMeow
    Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2013

My only comment is that riding motor bikes up and down Hai Van pass - very dangerous as cars and trucks like to overtake on blind curves - in fact, I think this is the Vietnamese favourite past time.

Just be aware.

#7 Posted: 17/2/2013 - 23:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.