Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Last minute questions

  • sarahoak24

    Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2012
    Location Global Village
    Posts: 6

    Hello - will be leaving shortly and just can't get a straight sense, do I need a converter for electronics from USA? Also, is Tang, an instant orange juice available in HCMC? Thanks!

    #1 Posted: 24/2/2013 - 17:03

  • Advertisement

  • goonistik

    Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Posts: 560
    Places visited:
    At least 9

    Many portable electronics such as cellphones and laptops come with universal power supplies that can handle voltages from 100V to 240V. To be sure, you can look at the power supply and see the specs. The specs will be like "100-240V .5A 50/60Hz." Look at the numbers before the "V" to see what voltages the power supply will accept.

    You might need a flat prong to round prong adapter to plug in some places.

    #2 Posted: 24/2/2013 - 18:24

  • LolaNguyen

    TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2012
    Posts: 94

    Posted from within Vietnam.

    An unusual request for sugary E numbers! If it helps yes you can buy Tang in HCMC, you'll need to go in to the Vietnamese stores (the basic ones that sell everything). You can buy it in big brick sized packs and it costs around 80,000VND. If you can't find it there is a vitamin packed alternative you can buy at pharmacies (a bit like Beroca, but more E numbers). Its called Dasmulti, costs around 30,000 for a tube of twenty. I'm ashamed that I know all this!

    #3 Posted: 24/2/2013 - 19:39

  • Mexi736

    Joined Travelfish
    18th February, 2013
    Posts: 12

    Excited to know that "Fly in Fashion" contest have been launched by Optiontown and Vietnam airlines. check the details on Vietnam airline facebook profile. Looking forward to participate. Good luck to all

    #4 Posted: 25/2/2013 - 05:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee