Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Suggestions For Vietnam

• chrisb4

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2012

Hi everyone, I'm planning a backpacking trip across Vietnam for three months from June to August this year. My main query is, given the time period I plan to travel, where would be the best places to go in regards to weather?

Also, I would like to visit some neighbouring countries also, again, which countries would people recommend in terms of weather during that time period?

And also, any tips or suggestions or just ideas that people may have are always welcome!

Thankyou,

Chris

#1 Posted: 1/3/2013 - 04:07

• Advertisement

• Travel_comp-
    anio

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Chris,
    It's pretty hot on those months in Vietnam.
    Sapa is a cool place in the north. If I were you, I will spend 5 days here to explore minorities's customs. I will go to markets, trekking to some villages like Cat Cat, Ta Van, Ta Phin... or maybe Fansipan mountain peak one more time
    In Hanoi for a couple of days to drink beer at vendor on Ta Hien street. Wake up early in the morning to go to West lake to observe a market there. Jogging on the street near West Lake on another morning. Renting a bicycle to go to other side of West Lake (lol. again) to die on an afternoon with lotus perfume on Xuan Dieu street. Jogging on Hoan Kiem (hehe) lake on other morning. Eating many many delicious dishes
    Ha Long, then I should allow myself to spend a little more money to relax in Ha Long. Should book cruise with Ha Long cruise operation from 3* to 5*, they have 2 way transfer for you.
    Hoi An : I like herbal village, ancient town. Let your mind free, let your heart open, Hoi An is a Vietnamese traditional girl, you might fall in love with her on 14th or 15th of a month (lunar calendar).lol
    Hue: maybe
    Da Lat: is a charming and cool girl. Going there to see that being lonely is sometimes a bad idea. lol.
    HCMC: don't forget to visit me when you drop in Ben Thanh market. Should invite me a "bánh canh cua" bowl for typing this for you, I am not sure it helps or not :D. Be in Saigon for a couple of day, you will realize that it's so hot on daylight and cool at night :)). Maybe you will want to visit Cu Chi tunnel.
    Mekong delta: Cai Be or My Tho is a good idea for spending peaceful days in western provinces.
    Chau Doc: on the next day, then transfer by boat to Cambodia.
    Continue with Cambodia on the next day, a non-sleepy day lol
    Hope that my words help
    Lan

#2 Posted: 2/3/2013 - 09:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.