Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Foodie area in Ho Chi Minh City

• hoorayhi

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2013

Myself and a couple of friends are heading to Ho Chi Minh City and we are huge foodies. Are there any food tours that we can go on to get the best of the city? Thanks!

#1 Posted: 31/3/2013 - 05:12

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I don't have any specific recommendations, but have you checked out the TF blogs? From the menu at the top Blogs -> Vietnam, then scroll down to to see the categories on the left. There are a bunch under food: http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/vietnam/category/saigon/food-saigon/ You should find something of interest in here. Many are reviews of restaurants, but there are probably some that cover various food markets, etc.

#2 Posted: 31/3/2013 - 05:27

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

To the North of Ben Thanh market are a number of food carts and local food spots. Don't know about any tours for that.

#3 Posted: 31/3/2013 - 06:38

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

The best food in Saigon is not in a restaurant at all - it's the street food. Look at the older parts of Noodlepie

#4 Posted: 3/4/2013 - 14:22

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

I've heard good things about the XO tour but you need to book in advance.

#5 Posted: 4/4/2013 - 01:54

• raineong

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2013

Hi! I'm joining XO Tour for my upcoming trip in April as well. But we decided to book the night tour as it seems more interesting and most likely easier to follow them to take a look of Saigon at night :) Probably can let you know the review if you are travelling after 6th May cause that's when I'll be back :)

#6 Posted: 4/4/2013 - 05:34

• hoorayhi

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2013

My travel agent Flight Centre HK also suggested the XO Tour in Vietnam and said it was the best for foodies!

Is this the one: http://xotours.vn/Our_Tours/The_Foodie.html? Please do let us know how it goes! Since I am in Hong Kong, I can fly there anytime.

#7 Posted: 11/4/2013 - 08:38

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

"The best food in Saigon is not in a restaurant at all - it's the street food. Look at the older parts of Noodlepie"

Then the food in Saigon must suck. Street food is practical and cheap. High end restaraunts, on the other hand, are suppose to serve high end cuisine.

#8 Posted: 11/4/2013 - 12:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.