Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

vietnamese dong

• nati

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2006

Hi!!
    I have just left Vietnam and crossed the border into China and I have some Vietnamese Dong left...does anyone now if it is possible to exchange it anywhere out of Vietnam? We were told it was possible to exhcange it in the Bank of China, but that is not true..Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

#1 Posted: 20/6/2007 - 13:23

• Advertisement

• carmen75

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

I don't think you'll be able to change it anyway...looks like you'll have to make a return trip to use it all up!! Otherwise, there's sure to be a black market exchange place- just be careful you're getting real banknotes, and an ok exchange rate. Good luck:-)

#2 Posted: 20/6/2007 - 15:03

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

The Dong is 'non-convertible' as is the Chinese Yuan / RMB although both currencies are popular with the shady characters that hang around at the borders.

You could wrap it in aluminum foil and the send it registered to a charity in VietNam ... or come back and visit again.

#3 Posted: 20/6/2007 - 19:14

• gohmalaysia

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2007

Hi,

If u r in Malaysia you can sell them at at any money changers in Kiala Lumpur No problem there.

#4 Posted: 20/6/2007 - 20:34

• nati

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2006

Hi!
    Thanks to everyone for the advice...I guess I have a good excuse to go back to Vietnam!!

#5 Posted: 21/6/2007 - 19:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vietnamese Dong ... By Pervina on 9 Jan 2008 1 1353 13 Jan 2008