Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Last minute advise required

• raineong

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2013

Hi all,

Next sunday my friend and I will be travelling to vietnam for 9 days.

There are a few questions and travel details we're still trying to figure but find it very confusing. Could you advise and help us on the following:

1) Is this the real sinh tourist website? https://www.thesinhtourist.vn It seems pretty reliable to me..
    - Would you advise if we can book our open tour buses and halong bay tour from here? or if not any other recommended tours?

2) Open Tour Buses from Hoi An to hue
    - Do they fetch us from our guesthouse from hoi an to the guesthouse in hue? or do they drop us at a bus stop or something like that?

3) For train tickets from Hue to Hanoi
    - Should we purchase the ticket online or when we are there? If book online, any recommend website and do they send the tics to the guesthouse?

That's all thus far, really appreciate if you guys could advise :)

#1 Posted: 20/4/2013 - 01:02

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

1)Yes, that the correct website for Sinh Tourist. My only experience with them was to go into one of their agents and book a bus ticket and all went OK. They are generally pretty reputable as far as agents in Vietnam go.

2) I took a bus from Hue to Hoi An. We were picked up from the hotel, and dropped off somewhere where we needed to wait for the actual bus. In Hoi An, we were dropped of somewhere in the middle of town and walked to our accom.

3) Unless it's a major holiday period (eg Tet) I wouldn't buy ahead of time. You can always very easily get tickets toyour next destination once you are there. (I have no idea whether next week is a holiday period or not so I can't advise...)

#2 Posted: 20/4/2013 - 05:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.