Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam is the main consumer of rhinoceros horn powder

• johnlafre

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2013

I urge you to boycott Vietnam.
    Vietnamese are responsible for the poaching of rhinoceroses in Africa.
    They purchase rhino horns for bogus medicinal purposes.
    Consumption of rhino horn will lead to the disappearance of this animal who is already on the brink of extinction.
    618 rhinoceros have been killed at the hands of poachers in2012.
    In Mozambique, they have all been wiped out.
    Think about this before considering a trip to Vietnam.

#1 Posted: 3/5/2013 - 21:10

• Advertisement

• QWE

Joined Travelfish
    26th April, 2013

I agree it's a horrible thing but unfortunately it's not just the Vietnamese, it's also the Chinese who use rhino horns and whatnot to cure fever and other things. Modern medicine is apparently not good enough. Still, I don't think your not going to these countries can help the animals. I had a class full of Asian students and did a lesson on endangered species used in their traditional medicine and I think they were truly shocked after watching some videos about the conditions the animals have to live in and what horrible stuff people do to them just so they can cure their fevers and impotence. I'm pretty confident they won't order shark fin soup or use bear bile in the future.
    What I'm trying to say here is that people need to see what's behind every rhino horn they grind to get rid of a headache and realize that they don't want to use treatment which comes from tortured or killed animals.
    Enlightenment, that's the way! At least the way I see it:-)

#2 Posted: 4/5/2013 - 09:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.