Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

VISA through Washington, D.C.

• IowaGal

Joined Travelfish
    27th June, 2007

A few days ago I sent my application and $65 to the Vietnam Embassy in Washington, D.C. for a VISA (for a less than 30 day visit). The Embassy called me today, left a message on my answering machine saying that their single entry fee for 30 days or less is not $65, it is $130 per person. I've tried to call them back several times but nobody answers at any of the phone numbers listed on the Embassy website. So far I've only gotten a recording that says they're busy, please call back. Does anybody have an update on VISA cost? Why has it jumped in price so much??

#1 Posted: 27/6/2007 - 06:22

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The price varies depending on the consulate and country. Getting your visa in another SE Asian country (eg Cambodia) is far less expensive -- though of course only an option if you're visiting another country before arriving in Vietnam.

It's seems odd that the website for the Vietnamese embassy in Washington doesn't list the price!

#2 Posted: 27/6/2007 - 07:44

• muss8813

Joined Travelfish
    27th June, 2007

I went through the consulate in SF and just received my 30 day single entry visa a couple of days ago,I paid $65, it is not $130 per unless it changed in the past week.

I called repeatedly and finally got through to the operator and she gave me the info I needed. Good luck.

#3 Posted: 27/6/2007 - 22:06

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

The Washington Embassy is useless at the best of times and at this time they are falling over themselves making sure the VN PM has a good time )he is somewhere in the USA).

Contact San Francisco, those guys are so helpful and will put a smile on your face.

Consulate General of VietNam
    1700 California Street #430
    San Francisco, Calif 94109
    Tel: +1-415-922-1707
    Fax: +1-415-922-1848
    E: info@vietnamconsulate-sf.org

Good luck.

#4 Posted: 28/6/2007 - 00:55

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

One thing, I suspect you applied for a BUSINESS visa - hence the higher charge.

Send the Washington crowd an e-mail.

< vietnamembassy@msn.com >< consular@vietnamembassy.us >

#5 Posted: 28/6/2007 - 01:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Myanmar visa - Washington DC processing time ... By mattocmd on 1 May 2013 0 741 1 May 2013