Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi to Saigon - Tips please!

• BexTucker

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2013

Hi,

I am spending a month in Vietnam in a couple of weeks. I am flying into Hanoi and am planning on working my way down to Saigon. I was thinking of spending a week in Hanoi and then visiting a couple of other places on my way down so I don't feel too rushed. does anyone have any suggestions of stops along the way? I was thinking of Hue and Danang, thoughts?

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 15/5/2013 - 18:04

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hanoi, Sapa, Hue, Hoi An, Dalat and Saigon should do it. Avoid road travel as much as possible - train and air.

#2 Posted: 16/5/2013 - 10:25

• GilbertMcDo-
    nald

Joined Travelfish
    22nd November, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 43

My wife and I traveled from Hanoi to HCMC in 2011.

We arrived by air and spent two days in Hanoi then did a two night cruise on Halong Bay,
    back to Hanoi then flew to Hue stayed there two nights.
    We then traveled to Hoi An by car stayed there four nights
    then flew to Nah Trang for three nights.
    Flew into HCMC stayed there for a few days, took a few day trips
    then went to for a two day tour in the Mekong Delta and then spent four days on Phu Quok.
    We then went to Siem Reap for three then back to Saigon for one and left from there.

I regret that we did not go to Sapa or Dalat and a whole lot more, you have to be selective on what you want to do and how much time you have. We only had so much time so what we missed we will see it on another trip hopefully in 2014.

#3 Posted: 18/5/2013 - 15:49

• tuntravel48

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2013
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

With one month you nearly cover all the highlight destinations of Vietnam. It's seem the itinerary is quite good and you can take it as an draft journey. Remember that (Ha Long Bay, Da Nang, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Phu Quoc) are the places with beach at front door, So you should consider a trip to Sapa, Mai Chau, Moc Chau (north), or Da Lat (south) both are the mountain area to balance the beach time and the mountain time.

Hope you have an enjoyable trip!

Tuntravel

#4 Posted: 23/5/2013 - 23:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
any tips - taking the train Saigon to Hanoi?? ... By msk100 on 13 Apr 2008 2 14671 14 Apr 2008
Land travel tips pleeeeease: Saigon to Hanoi ... By oranjelamb on 12 Aug 2007 10 6931 13 Jun 2011