Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Itinerary Help - 1 month Vietnam (DEC)

• nitrolwy

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2013

Hi guys i will be backpacking to vietnam in the month of december to january, would be my first time.

Was wondering if we should start of from Hanoi or HCMC, would prefer more 'outdoor' like visiting waterfalls and at the same time not sacrificing experiencing some vietnam night life (clubbing etcetc).

Was hoping to travel to cambodia and thailand too, would a month be enough?
    Also where will be the best to spend the new year countdown?

Would be on a tight budget so i guess taking another flight around wouldn't be an option.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 20/5/2013 - 12:35

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you're planning on visiting Cambodia as well (you don't have enough time for Thailand) it would make sense to start in Hanoi and head south then cross over into Cambodia overland. Here are a couple of itinerary samples that may be of use:

Vietnam: Top to tail
    One week in Cambodia

Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 21/5/2013 - 17:55

• nitrolwy

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2013

Thanks! Will read up on the info you provided.

#3 Posted: 21/5/2013 - 19:16

• tuntravel48

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2013
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,
    You should start your itinerary from the north ( Hanoi ) and heading the middle of country (Hue, Da Nang, Hoi An, Nha Trang), then the south (Ho Chi Minh). From Ho Chi Minh You can take a trip on a cruise along the mekong delta, and finish at the Cambodia, Vietnam border. And start your journey in Cambodia. Remember that, In december and January the weather in Hanoi is cold (around 10 to 16 degree Celsius), but once you head to the south the weather is warmer. If you need more information, just fell free to ask

Welcome to Vietnam and cheer up!

Tuntravel

#4 Posted: 23/5/2013 - 23:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
1 month in Vietnam South-North Itinerary! Is it any good? ... By Peachula on 10 Jun 2011 3 7045 20 Sep 2011
One month working remotely from Vietnam, itinerary critiques? ... By saryant on 28 Jul 2014 12 550 4 Aug 2014
Hello there!! Is my itinerary appropiate? Tai-Laos-Vietnam-Camboya in 1 month ... By alemauro on 4 Sep 2008 7 1955 13 Sep 2008