Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

ATM with high limit

• QWE

Joined Travelfish
    26th April, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

If you're, like me, dependent on atm withdrawals for cash when traveling you may find this info useful.

I've traveled from Hanoi down to Saigon and had to take money out more than once because ATMs in Vietnam have a very low limit (usually 2mil. Dong at a time) which is very unfortunate if you have to pay yr bank every time you withdraw money.

I found out that City bank's ATMs have a much higher limit (8mil. Dong), unfortunately they are only in Hanoi and Saigon.

So, if you need to take money out for your Vietnam trip, I suggest you do it in Saigon and Hanoi only. Otherwise you might spend unnecessary money on bank fees, like me :-(

#1 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 23:38

• Advertisement

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Solid advice.

8 million dong should last for a couple of weeks at least (unless one is getting kitted out in Hoi An).

#2 Posted: 28/5/2013 - 08:52

• tuntravel48

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2013
    Location Vietnam

OTher international banks such as ANZ, HSBC, Standard chartered Vietnam also allow withdrawals with large amount, Dont know these banks are available in other provinces or not :). Anyway, The banks's doesnt much, so skip it and enjoy your trip

Cheer
    Tuntravel

#3 Posted: 28/5/2013 - 22:10

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

ATM's nearby all the hospitals have a withdraw limit of 5mil: Nha Trang and Hoi Ahn at least

#4 Posted: 29/5/2013 - 08:47

• TheLeapingL-
    emur

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2012

Use Donga bank (no charge as long as the ATM is at a bank).

#5 Posted: 29/5/2013 - 23:40

• IceOleg

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2013
    Location Russia

It's easy to find a good ATM in Hanoi or HCM, but I had the same problem in Nha Trang and found a solution - NAM A Bank in Nha Trang center building gives up to 8 millions.
    When I've been to Mui Ne I also used BDV ATM's (there are thousands around the country) - they give up to 3 millions.

#6 Posted: 12/6/2013 - 23:34

• SaigonDaze

Joined Travelfish
    22nd November, 2009

ANZ ATM's will give out up to 20 million VND.

#7 Posted: 19/6/2013 - 15:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.