Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

ATM with high limit

Posted by QWE on 27/5/2013 at 23:38

Posted from within Vietnam.

If you're, like me, dependent on atm withdrawals for cash when traveling you may find this info useful.

I've traveled from Hanoi down to Saigon and had to take money out more than once because ATMs in Vietnam have a very low limit (usually 2mil. Dong at a time) which is very unfortunate if you have to pay yr bank every time you withdraw money.

I found out that City bank's ATMs have a much higher limit (8mil. Dong), unfortunately they are only in Hanoi and Saigon.

So, if you need to take money out for your Vietnam trip, I suggest you do it in Saigon and Hanoi only. Otherwise you might spend unnecessary money on bank fees, like me :-(

#1 QWE has been a member since 26/4/2013. Posts: 25

Posted by chinarocks on 28/5/2013 at 08:52

Solid advice.

8 million dong should last for a couple of weeks at least (unless one is getting kitted out in Hoi An).

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 740

Posted by tuntravel48 on 28/5/2013 at 22:10

OTher international banks such as ANZ, HSBC, Standard chartered Vietnam also allow withdrawals with large amount, Dont know these banks are available in other provinces or not :). Anyway, The banks's doesnt much, so skip it and enjoy your trip

Cheer
Tuntravel

#3 tuntravel48 has been a member since 20/5/2013. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 13
 Website 

Posted by svendj on 29/5/2013 at 08:47

ATM's nearby all the hospitals have a withdraw limit of 5mil: Nha Trang and Hoi Ahn at least

#4 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Where has svendj been? 

Posted by TheLeapingLemur on 29/5/2013 at 23:40

Use Donga bank (no charge as long as the ATM is at a bank).

#5 TheLeapingLemur has been a member since 20/11/2012. Posts: 13

Posted by IceOleg on 12/6/2013 at 23:34

It's easy to find a good ATM in Hanoi or HCM, but I had the same problem in Nha Trang and found a solution - NAM A Bank in Nha Trang center building gives up to 8 millions.
When I've been to Mui Ne I also used BDV ATM's (there are thousands around the country) - they give up to 3 millions.

#6 IceOleg has been a member since 12/6/2013. Location: Russia. Posts: 3

Posted by SaigonDaze on 19/6/2013 at 15:48

ANZ ATM's will give out up to 20 million VND.

#7 SaigonDaze has been a member since 22/11/2009. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.