Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

From Ho Chi Minh city to Hoi An overnight

Posted by maihuong19 on 7/7/2007 at 17:28

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi we want to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An overnight (depart after 8pm), due to time constraint, but we can't find any information about bus on websites.
Does anyone know any bus run between these two places?
Thank you a million bunch!

#1 maihuong19 has been a member since 4/7/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by CatBa on 7/7/2007 at 19:59

Bad luck - HCMC > Nha Trang is one nights trip and Nha Trang to Hoi An is another.

To make this connection you are best flying to DA NANG (DAD) and then taking the bus south to Hoi An. Both Pacific and VietNam airlines fly this route.

If you are going on to Hue the best connection is one of the 10+ bus runs that depart daily between the two centres leaving, at both ends, at 08.00H and 12.00H.

The SAFEST OPERATORS ARE AN PHU and SINH TRAVEL. AVOID CAMEL / T.M. BROTHERS, HANH CAFE (all poor tires and equipment) and TREKKING TRAVEL - again poorly maintained vehicles.

On arrival you can potter around Hue and then, first thing the next morning, take the Trekking Travel City Tour (better 6.7 tonne bus!) and then be set to climb aboard the 17.00H overnight ride to Ha Noi.

In Hoi An you should look for a hotel with a pool. I stay at:
Nhi Nhi Hotel
60 Hung Vuong
Hoi An, Quang Nam
Tel: 0510-916-718
E-m: vancamdn@yahoo.com
E-m: letannhinhiha@yahoo.com
Web: www.hoiannhinhihotel.com/

In Hue a very well located hotel is:
Nguyen Tri Phuong Hotel
56 Nguyen Tri Phuong
Hue-Centre, TTH
Tel: 054-829-282
E-m: NguyenTriPhuong@yahoo.com

Categories: 0*,AC, fan, foodservices, Hotel,Hue
GPS: 16N27.97 / 107E35.64
Rooms: 16; Largest 4 people
USD$4 (dorm) & USD$8-12 other rooms.

Categories: 1*,A-C,Balconies,Bathtub,Fans,FoodServices,HoiAn,Hotel,InterNet$,Pool,Quiet,VietNam

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by CatBa on 7/7/2007 at 20:01

Whoops! My database copy went wrong a little.

The sentence: "Categories: 1*,A-C,Balconies,Bathtub,Fans,FoodServices,HoiAn,Hotel,InterNet$,Pool,Quiet,VietNam" applies to the Nhi Nhi Hotel in Hoi An.

#3 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by maihuong19 on 9/7/2007 at 17:07

Thank you very much. You're right! I think I will take flight from HCMC to Da Nang. But if I arrive at Da Nang at 9.45pm then is there any bus or motorbike "om" to go to Hoi An?

#4 maihuong19 has been a member since 4/7/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by CatBa on 9/7/2007 at 20:14

Taxis and Xe Om's are readily available at the airport.

You might think about PRE-BOOKING your hotel because of your late arrival.

#5 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by maihuong19 on 10/7/2007 at 00:04

Yeah thank you very much! Maybe we should sleep over at Da Nang instead. And then we will go to Hoi An in the early morning. Do you know any good budget hotel or guest house in Da Nang? And normally how much should I pay for the transport to go from the airport to the hotel in Da Nang city?

#6 maihuong19 has been a member since 4/7/2007. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.