Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Help in Hanoi!

• Bradders

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi all,

have been here in hanoi for a few days and having a great time but with all the sweating etc, i've started to get some chafing\rubbing going on, can anyone reccomend a barrier cream or something of the like that I could pick up here???

Any help would be muchly appreciated!!!

#1 Posted: 3/7/2013 - 06:25

• Advertisement

• antoniamitc-
    hell

Click here to learn more about antoniamitchell
    Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2012
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3
    Places visited:
    At least 39

Hi Bradders,

I'm afraid I don't know what barrier creams might be available in Hanoi, but as someone with really sensitive skin that is prone to all kinds of problems, I know a few things that might help:
    - A little vasoline, regularly applied to the sore area, can help a lot.
    - A good dusting of talcum powder (to absorb sweat) can help prevent future problems.
    - Also check your clothes - labels and rough seams can make skin irritations a lot worse. I find sometimes I need to stop wearing certain items of clothing until my skin recovers (or wear a thin and smooth cotton garment underneath).

Good luck, and hope you feel better soon.

#2 Posted: 3/7/2013 - 13:44

• Bradders

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

much appreciated antonia, found some PawPaw ointment in my wifes toiletries that seems to be doing the trick!

#3 Posted: 4/7/2013 - 19:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.