Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Help in Hanoi!

Posted by Bradders on 3/7/2013 at 06:25

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi all,

have been here in hanoi for a few days and having a great time but with all the sweating etc, i've started to get some chafing\rubbing going on, can anyone reccomend a barrier cream or something of the like that I could pick up here???

Any help would be muchly appreciated!!!

#1 Bradders has been a member since 6/1/2013. Posts: 11

Posted by antoniamitchell on 3/7/2013 at 13:44

Hi Bradders,

I'm afraid I don't know what barrier creams might be available in Hanoi, but as someone with really sensitive skin that is prone to all kinds of problems, I know a few things that might help:
- A little vasoline, regularly applied to the sore area, can help a lot.
- A good dusting of talcum powder (to absorb sweat) can help prevent future problems.
- Also check your clothes - labels and rough seams can make skin irritations a lot worse. I find sometimes I need to stop wearing certain items of clothing until my skin recovers (or wear a thin and smooth cotton garment underneath).

Good luck, and hope you feel better soon.

#2 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Location: Singapore. Posts: 476
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by Bradders on 4/7/2013 at 19:55

Posted from within Vietnam.

much appreciated antonia, found some PawPaw ointment in my wifes toiletries that seems to be doing the trick!

#3 Bradders has been a member since 6/1/2013. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.