Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Snorkeling in Vietnam - what about Ca Na (South Central Coast)?

• Foolslena

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2013

Hi to everyone!

Has anyone been to Ca Na recently? Is it possible to do snorkeling around there off from the beach? Or is it only a place for serious divers?
    All snorkeling advice would be appreciated! Would you recommend a short stay (1 night) in the area? I am looking for a nice beach for swimming and possibly snorkeling. As many guide books recommend this location as it is "said to be one of the best snorkeling and diving spots", I would like to know if anyone has actually tried it out. I assume there may be less to see then off the coast in Thailand or Malaysia, but I wonder if it is still worth a short stop and worth taking snorkeling gear.

Is the Korean run Dive Hotel listed on Travelfish still existing ("Vietnam Scuba Resort") as their website doesn't work?

Thank you and kind regards!

#1 Posted: 19/7/2013 - 09:29

• Advertisement

• Foolslena

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2013

And also, how serious is the danger caused to snorkelers by fishing explosives? Heard there was a fatal incident two year ago around the area (Cau Island). Is this a risk particular to this area or anywhere in Vietnam? Does anyone know if controls have improved?

#2 Posted: 19/7/2013 - 10:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
South Central Vietnam itinerary, please help. ... By HanoiMargarita on 6 May 2012 3 2071 8 May 2012
Weather late Feb? (central and south Vietnam) ... By spy on 27 Feb 2008 2 1749 1 Mar 2008
3 weeks taking it easy: skip South and Central Vietnam? ... By saranneman on 31 Dec 2012 3 2294 3 Jan 2013
Unique boat/jungle experience in South central Vietnam ... By henski on 12 Apr 2009 1 2232 13 Apr 2009
South Coast - Guardian Article ... By steveatkins on 11 Nov 2007 0 1697 11 Nov 2007
Cambodia's South Coast or Phu Quoc ... By vollmer on 12 Nov 2007 2 1942 14 Nov 2007