Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

YOGA IN SOUTH EAST ASIA!

Posted by Rashida on 7/8/2013 at 00:33

Hello All!

Me and a friend are planning our South East Asia adventures, leaving 1st of December 2013-until the end of February 2014.

We are wanting to go to as many yoga classes as we can find in each of our destinations and are looking for some tips/suggestions/advice from those who have previously done this before! We will only be in each place for a few days so drop in classes would be best, pricing doesn't matter too much however we are not planning on travelling in style haha. we are both in our early 20's!

Our destinations are as follows:
Vietnam:
Hanoi
Halong Bay
Hoi An
Nha Trang
Ho Chi Minh

Cambodia:
Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Angkor Wat

Laos:
Vientiane
Vang Vieng
Louang Prabang

Thailand:
Chang Mia
Ko-Pha Ngan
Ko Samui
Phuket
Phi Phi Island

Any help would be much appreciated!! :)
Thankyou and safe travels to all!

#1 Rashida has been a member since 4/6/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by Blackartemis on 7/8/2013 at 01:16

Chiang Mai: Wild Rose Yoga and Yoga tree, both in the old city. Both run by very experienced people whom I know personally.

#2 Blackartemis has been a member since 16/7/2011. Posts: 36

Posted by Night_exile on 7/8/2013 at 23:05

Hanoi: California Fitness and Yogo: http://www.cfyc.com.vn/ -> so famous in my country but a little expensive. Its website has English version.
Halong Bay: No idea
Hoi An: No idea
Nha Trang: No idea
Ho Chi Minh: http://www.saigonbellydance.com/ -> Don't mind the name of its domain, it teaches Yoga, too and it has English version with a lots of experienced teachers speaking English. You could learn Indian dance here :) quite funny.

#3 Night_exile has been a member since 29/7/2013. Posts: 9

Posted by MADMAC on 8/8/2013 at 02:03

You should be able to find Yoga studios via the internet on each city. Just search "Yoga" and "city name".

We have a studio in Mukdahan "Yui Yoga" but it's not on your list of destinations (surprise, surprise).

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by travellingsarah on 10/8/2013 at 05:28 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Zenith Yoga in Hanoi is probably your best bet - their drop-in rate is $12.

#5 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by Willstrong on 18/9/2013 at 21:35

Posted from within Vietnam.

I did yoga for 2 years 2 years ago. I have vietnamese yoga trainer degree. I live in HCM city. I did some different yoga classes such as california fitness, get fit,... But i only like my teacher class. My teacher, she's look younger than her age about 20 years. She doesn't talk english but you can follow her or the others. The class begin at 5:30 am end at 7:30 am, and 5 pm - 7 pm. The training is not too fast or hard, its suitable for all people. Its good and cheap, only about $ 10 for 1 month (3days a week). If you do for 1 or 2 days, you can do it for free. The inconvenience is no shower place and you need to bring water to drink.
I finished my college 2 months ago so i'm going to do yoga again next month.

#6 Willstrong has been a member since 18/9/2013. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 8
 Where has Willstrong been?   Facebook  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.