Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Problems entering vietnam without a return ticket out of vietnam?

Posted by Matty161 on 19/8/2013 at 06:23

Hi. Im going on a 3 and a half month trip to SE Asia this week. Ill be leaving from London and flying into Ho chi minh, but my return ticket is out of Bangkok. Do you think I will have any problem getting into Vietnam? or will I need to show some sort of proof that ill be leaving within 30 days?

#1 Matty161 has been a member since 10/8/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by daawgon on 19/8/2013 at 10:46

No problem at all - thousands of others do the very same thing. I've entered Vietnam 5 times so far, and never been asked to prove onward passage in any way. Just be sure you have some form of documentation to enter Vietnam (either a VOA letter or visa) - without that proof, your airline would deny you boarding.

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,091

Posted by Matty161 on 19/8/2013 at 11:12

Thanks for the reply. I've got the VOA letter so hopefully there won't be a problem.

#3 Matty161 has been a member since 10/8/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by joebuki on 28/8/2013 at 13:01

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yes, you do not have to show any proof or any thing that related to your flight ticket. Just show your passport with vietnam visa to enter Vietnam.
In case, if you use the transit visa ( staying in Vietnam from few hours to maximum of 5 days) then you have to show your flight out ticket.

#4 joebuki has been a member since 28/8/2013. Posts: 5

Posted by daawgon on 28/8/2013 at 20:46

Joebuki - now that you bring up the topic of a transit visa, just what is it, and who is eligible to use it? I can't find anything on the net about it!

#5 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,091

Posted by joebuki on 28/8/2013 at 22:22

Hi Daawgon,

Transit visa is used for short time staying in Vietnam. For example your flight transit via Vietnam and you have couple of time or few day free before your flight out then you want to enter Vietnam for city tour or Halong Bay...
requirements:
- your ticket show that you will flight out to the third country within 5 days (maximum stay for transit visa at this period of time).
- itinerary that match your plan of staying.
The stamping fee for transit visa is 05 USD only and service fee is roughly 20-25 USD
Usually, transit visa can be obtained by the group from 5 persons.

#6 joebuki has been a member since 28/8/2013. Posts: 5

Posted by vesmax01 on 29/8/2013 at 04:20

Hi there,
I so glad to share with you some information as follow:
And I hope my sharing will help for you!!!
If you want to return to Vietnam after you stay in Thai Lan,it is very simple. you just need to send us a scan of your passport, we willmake you an dispatch visa (you will pay dispatch visa fee for me), and we willreturn it by email to you. when you come to Vietnam, you just need to print thedispatch visa that, together with two 4x6 picture with white background andplays fee for Customs Department. You should through a reputable travel companyin Vietnam,you will be providing support and information most needed. if you need more information so contact me Ms.Ha, this my skype: ha_nhatviet and email nganha@fiditour.com. i will help you.

#7 vesmax01 has been a member since 26/8/2013. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.