Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hoi An trains? Mui Ne?

• travelian

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2007

Hello there, I'm wondering where the closest train station to Hoi An is. We want to train overnight to the Mui Ne area, do we have to go back to Danang? Actually, that leads me to my next question... where's the closest train station to Mui Ne?
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 22/7/2007 - 09:21

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

From Hoi An, the vast majority of people head back to Da Nang to get the train -- mainly because it is a "hub" station and all the express trains stop there -- not always the case with any closer stations (Da Nang is only an hour away). Closest train station to Mui Ne is at Phan Thiet -- 30 minutes from Mui Ne by xe om.

#2 Posted: 22/7/2007 - 12:06

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

There is only one train daily in either direction between HCMC and Phan Thiet.

The return to HCMC is late afternoon and tickets can be purchased at the station.

NOTE: Baggage space is restricted - IF SECURE you can put it in the freight car (locked to the wall) at the end where all the motorcycles travel.)

The preferred method of travel between Da Nang and Mui Ne is Soft-Sleeper to NHA TRANG and a OpenTour bus south to Mui Ne.

ONLY use either AN PHU or SINH OpenTour buses - all the rest are mechanical rustbuckets with very poor safety records.

#3 Posted: 22/7/2007 - 20:43

• travelian

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2007

Thanks for the info... much appreciated!
    Is there any reason that I can't find the station listing for Phan Thiet on the VNR website?
    Thanks again :)

#4 Posted: 22/7/2007 - 22:52

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can't find the Phan Thiet rail service as it it a private operation and only the train, engine and staff are supplied by the rail company.

#5 Posted: 24/7/2007 - 12:43

• DShan

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

Hi, I'm trying to find the train schedule from Danang to HCM but can't seem to find the exact timing. is there only 1 train from Danang to HCM? And would it be a nighter or day train? How long is it?

#6 Posted: 12/8/2007 - 18:56

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

#7 Posted: 13/8/2007 - 02:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.