Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Trains from Nha Trang - HCMC/Saigon

• travelian

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2007

I read this in the Getting there and away section of Nha Trang:

Normal trains differ in journey time and number of stops, and seat prices also vary depending on the type of berth. The full national train timetable is avaliable at http://www.vr.com.vn/english/. From Nha Trang to Saigon, trains run at the following times:

SE1 - 22:00 (arr. 05:30)
    SE3 - 21:46 (arr. 04:30)
    SE5 - 12:30 (arr. 20:00)
    SE6 - 20:00 (arr.05:30)

but i can't seem to find a SE6 train listed on the VNR timetable??? can someone help me?
    i can find the SN5 but that only seems to leave on Sundays.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 24/7/2007 - 18:09

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi travelian,

The VR website can be a tortuous affair to squeeze info out of -- but it seems in this case it's our error -- the SE does appear to be a ghost-train. If you;re after a night train, the SE1 could work -- and it is on the timetable!

#2 Posted: 24/7/2007 - 20:30

• travelian

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2007

Thanks.. I thought that the VR website had actually succeeded in knocking a few screws loose in me'old brain! and thanks for deleting my multiple posts.. don't know what happened there.
    :)

#3 Posted: 24/7/2007 - 20:59

• travelian

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2007

Oh, sorry, one more thing... why does that website list trains but then no prices for them, even if you look under fare details?

#4 Posted: 24/7/2007 - 21:06

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Deciphering the Vietnam Railways site can be a challenge at the best of times and I've no idea why that is the case -- sorry.

The double-posts are probably because you used the "back" button after posting -- It's on my list of things to fix... along with interpreting the Vietnam railways website!

#5 Posted: 25/7/2007 - 09:22

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

VietNam Railways is extremely responsive to seasonal loads and can, and does, add rail sets as conditions demand.

For instance, there are 22 rail sets between Ha Noi and Lao Cai daily but it is hard to discern this from their web site.

Additionally there are increasingly more 'private label' trains which are physically transported by Duong Sat (VNR) and are only sold by their true owners / investors.

Two such trains are the HCMC / Phan Thiet and HCMC / Nha Trang Express. Not a word about these on the VNR web site!

#6 Posted: 25/7/2007 - 12:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
trains from hcm to mui ne then nha trang?? ... By laallee on 22 Aug 2009 10 8198 24 Aug 2009