Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Tips for homestays in North Vietnam

• trekker

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2013

Hi,
    I'm gonna stay many nights at homestays in different villages.

Could you share your tips please?

Is it safe to leave your backpack in your room while you're at the bathroom or out walking around at night before you go to bed?

I'd buy my water at homestays, do the water need to be boiled before drinking?

Any other general tips are welcomed as it is all new to me :)

Thank you.

#1 Posted: 26/8/2013 - 15:18

• Advertisement

• JohnnyPh

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2013

Hi, it is best to bring along a mini lock so you can ensure no one gets in your room while you're away, especially the hosts.
    About the water, it should be boiled before use, since tap water is not safe for instant use, so I would reckon bottled water at the first convenience ^_^
    If you have any further queries, feel free to contact me

#2 Posted: 26/8/2013 - 23:18

• vesmax01

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

hi, backpacks, handbags, valuable things, you should take with you, need to drink boiled water, or pure water.
    when leaving hotel, you should take valuable things or ask the hotel to keep saving.

#3 Posted: 27/8/2013 - 04:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.