Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Chau Doc to Long Xuyen to Can Tho

• martinomosca

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2013

Hi there, we are travelling in Southeast Asia, and in the next days we are going to cross the border between Cambodia and Vietnam.
    We'll arrive in Chau Doc , in the afternoon, but, really, i don't know if we wanto to stay in Chau Doc, i really preferr spend the night in Long Xuyen . I'm trying to search info about buses between these two cities but i can't. We don't want to travell with a tour operator, and spend 20 min there, and 30 there, and eat just in the restaurant. we are trying to read the Mai Linh web site but i can't understand. Do you know if there are buses or cheap boats who connect Chau doc with Long Xuyen, and Long Xuyen with Can Tho ? And if there are, at which time and for which price? I've read a post where someone talk about a bus at different times from Chau Doc to Can Tho for 55.000 dong, 3 hours, is it till active and for the same price? And can we drop off at Long Xuyen and Drop on the next day with the same ticket?
    Thanks

i really hope to read someone of you soon....

thanks

Martin

#1 Posted: 29/8/2013 - 07:32

• Advertisement

• gamehh

Joined Travelfish
    13th September, 2013

The bus Chau Doc - Long Xuyen is Phuong trang, or Mai Linh, only one price for ticket. have many bus in one day, about 30 minute/bus

phone phuong trang bus at Long Xuyen: 0763.989999,
    phone Mai Linh bus at Long Xuyen (076) 3 922266

but they can not speak english

Times from Chau Doc to Can Tho is 3 hours or more, and ticket price 55k is cheap.

you must buy ticket for Chau Doc-Long Xuyen, and then Lx-Can Tho, if you have 1 night at Long Xuyen

#2 Posted: 13/9/2013 - 10:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
WARNING long xuyen bus station. ... By cunners on 12 Jan 2010 0 3536 12 Jan 2010
Chau Doc to Vinh Long Bus? ... By fredrowe on 19 Jul 2011 1 3013 19 Jul 2011
buses to Chau Doc from CanTho and Vinh Long ... By joeandnicky on 7 Aug 2009 2 6133 7 Aug 2009