Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

searching for hotels in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City for family with 2 children

• oncecalledf-
    red

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2013

We are planning a 3 week trip to VN in April 14 and have 2 kids ages 6 and 9. Could anyone please commend hotels in Saigon. We're on a budget so looking at £30 or less per night. We don't expect 4* but looking at rooms with 2 double beds(english size double) as kids can share. I never know what single and double mean in VN (we've stayed in Hanoi and some hotels have given us twin room, which has 2 double beds, yet others are single twin so very confused).

A reasonable breakfast would be great and not so noisy. Last time we visited, our first night was a nightmare. We were all completed shattered (kids aged 2 and 4), son had horrible trouble with ears, we stayed on arrival at hotel which was dirty, you could hear horns beeping constantly, no breakfast. It was not a good start, we all wanted to get back on the plane and go home.

So this time if we could get somewhere that's a little bit more quite that we can hide away to recharge our batteries, that would be great and we can start better. Starting in SN this time just for couple of nights.

Anyone who has travelled with kids and has any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

#1 Posted: 9/9/2013 - 07:41

• Advertisement

• Want2BHappy

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2013

You could try the Mai Anh at 324 NTMK which has some large rooms.....

Pictures here: http://saigonlegendhotel.com/en/thu-vien-anh/

maianhhotel@yahoo.com.vn

Stayed there this summer. Fairly central, fairly quiet.... within your budget.

I was looking a triple and a twin. Hard to find on agoda, asiarooms etc and ended up there.

#2 Posted: 9/9/2013 - 08:18

• oncecalledf-
    red

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2013

Thank you for that, will take a look. Did you find the hotel generally ok and what's their breakfast like?

#3 Posted: 11/9/2013 - 14:36

• Want2BHappy

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2013

The hotel was fine and the staff were friendly. Not a great deal of English spoken, but one or two of the staff had reasonable English.

Breakfast from a menu: Noodles, Bread, Egg, Jam, Coffee.... etc.

We stumbled upon it because I was trying to book a triple, but I will probably stay there again when I'm back in December.

Walking distance of Ben Thanh, War Museum. Not in a tourist area, so nobody hassles you to buy stuff/get your shoes cleaned/have a massage.

Lots of little cafes/eating places in the alleys around.

#4 Posted: 11/9/2013 - 14:54

• oncecalledf-
    red

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2013

That's really helpful Thanks. Had a look on their website but wouldn't let me book on dates I wanted, however through agoda those dates were available at £37 a night but stipulated you had to use their airport transfer service. As we're going on April do you think we could just turn up and get a room?

#5 Posted: 11/9/2013 - 15:01

• Want2BHappy

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2013

Turning up might be fine.....or not I always like to have my first night's accommodation solidly booked. Nothing worse than arriving late and struggling to find a bed.. We booked through booking.com. The free transfer service, was somebody who came out to the airport to meet us and then put us in a taxi (which they paid for on arrival). Not needed for us since I'm a regular to Vietnam, but comforting if you're a first time visitor.

#6 Posted: 11/9/2013 - 18:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Best Burger in Saigon/ Ho Chi Minh City ... By vivng on 9 Dec 2013 0 702 9 Dec 2013
Tailor in Saigon/ ho chi minh city! ... By john85 on 17 Mar 2011 2 4517 9 Jan 2012
FOR SALE 2 HONDA WIN HO CHI MINH CITY / SAIGON ... By julieneloso on 20 Aug 2011 1 1575 9 Feb 2012
motorbike for sale in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) ... By Bartvh on 26 Nov 2011 0 852 26 Nov 2011
PARTY TOURS SAIGON (Ho Chi Minh City) ... By partylivesaigon on 19 Dec 2013 0 1137 19 Dec 2013
Finding accommodations for your trip in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh city) ... By snaprealestate on 1 Jun 2014 0 349 1 Jun 2014
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) safety / pickpockets /bag snatchers ... By sashanyc28 on 22 Dec 2009 9 11290 29 Dec 2009
Hoi An hotel for family with 2 children ... By armstrly on 6 Jan 2009 2 1721 31 Jan 2009
Ko Tao accommodations for family with young children ... By chaimdan on 19 Apr 2010 2 3234 21 Apr 2010
Family with kids in hotels ... By Blimes on 9 Jul 2011 2 1820 11 Jul 2011