Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Mountain biking in Sapa Baguette and Chocolate Cafe Hotel

• bksmith69

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2007

Has anyone stayed here or eaten here? It is a place for the underprivelaged to start their careers and then move on to the larger hotles.
    I want to stay there for this reason, but curious at the same time if anyone else has tried.

Has anyone been mountain biking in Sapa? We are going on our own and wanted to either rent/ join a group there in Sapa for a day or two. Any suggestions?
    Any information on the terrain?

Thanks.

Kerri

#1 Posted: 29/7/2007 - 09:46

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yes, a small hotel in the centre of town. Great food.

The staff bend over backwards to make you at feel at home.

#2 Posted: 1/8/2007 - 03:35

• itchyfeet

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

Hi Kerri,

We did not stay at the Baguette and Chocolate Cafe but we did eat many times at both the one in Sapa and Hanoi and they were great. The staff try extremely hard and so I dare say you would have an enjoyable stay at the hotel. That said, when my partner and I were in Sapa in November '07, the best decision we made on our whole 3 month trip was to splurge and stay at the Topas Ecolodge. It's not cheap but I honestly would have to say that it was worth the money. You are able to enjoy the absolutely breathtaking scenery of that area without having it be somewhat ruined by the tourism industry that has overrun Sapa. It is, if I remember correctly, about 20km out of town. We were able to use mountain bikes provided by the Ecolodge (they have their own day bike tours but we couldn't really afford to do that in addition to stay there and we preferred to be on our own anyway) and we made the ride from the Ecolodge to Sapa. It's by far the most beautiful ride we've ever done. The roads are really quite good (only the last few kilometers to the Ecolodge were a bit rocky) but it was definitely a tough ride on the way up the mountain to Sapa; the ride back is a cinch.
    Anyway, I hope that helps.

Enviously,

Meg

#3 Posted: 2/8/2007 - 08:48

• itchyfeet

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

Hi Kerri,

We did not stay at the Baguette and Chocolate Cafe but we did eat many times at both the one in Sapa and Hanoi and they were great. The staff try extremely hard and so I dare say you would have an enjoyable stay at the hotel. That said, when my partner and I were in Sapa in November '07, the best decision we made on our whole 3 month trip was to splurge and stay at the Topas Ecolodge. It's not cheap but I honestly would have to say that it was worth the money. You are able to enjoy the absolutely breathtaking scenery of that area without having it be somewhat ruined by the tourism industry that has overrun Sapa. It is, if I remember correctly, about 20km out of town. We were able to use mountain bikes provided by the Ecolodge (they have their own day bike tours but we couldn't really afford to do that in addition to stay there and we preferred to be on our own anyway) and we made the ride from the Ecolodge to Sapa. It's by far the most beautiful ride we've ever done. The roads are really quite good (only the last few kilometers to the Ecolodge were a bit rocky) but it was definitely a tough ride on the way up the mountain to Sapa; the ride back is a cinch.
    Anyway, I hope that helps.

Enviously,

Meg

#4 Posted: 2/8/2007 - 08:49

• LaurenCD

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi!

I've just arrived in sapa and was also looking to do some mountain biking, as i'm a bit trekked out. so if you fancy linking up just let me know!

Lauren

#5 Posted: 5/8/2007 - 20:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
mountain biking in sapa! ... By LaurenCD on 5 Aug 2007 0 1149 5 Aug 2007
Mountain Biking in Andaman Sea area ... By intrepidmanxie on 8 Jan 2013 3 1538 10 Jan 2013
Sapa, Fanshipan mountain ... By Shane10 on 18 May 2010 1 1592 16 Aug 2010
Visit Ham Rong Mountain in Sapa - a wonderful place ... By HanoiMargarita on 4 May 2012 0 1968 4 May 2012
Recommendation for adding Hong Ky Hotel&Cafe Restaurant on your hotel list ... By nguyenquoctedb on 6 Jun 2008 0 2377 6 Jun 2008