Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

HCMC to Nha Trang by Train on December 31?

• adz717

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

If I arrive in HCMC on December 28, will I easily be able to book a train to go to Nha Trang on December 31? Does the trail leave in the morning and get to Nha Trang in the afternoon?

#1 Posted: 23/9/2013 - 18:11

• Advertisement

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

New years isn't a huge local celebration. It is however a busy time with travellers. I would think you could book a train ticket easy enough but if you are picky on what train you want to be on and what kind of seat/berth then you would want to book as soon as possible. There are sites you can book train online if you are worried about it, will just cost a few a little more.

There are multiple trains that leave throughout the day so pick what works best for you.

Seat61.com/vietnam has good info on trains and vietnam-railway.com will allow you to purchase online although as mentioned costs more then if you buy them at the station.

#2 Posted: 23/9/2013 - 19:47

• adz717

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Thanks! I wasn't sure whether it could be booked online. I went to seat61 and it lead me to this http://www.vietnamimpressive.com/service/reunification-express-train.html . I would much rather book online and pay a bit more than have to go to the station.

#3 Posted: 23/9/2013 - 21:54

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

The Golden Train is the first class service - cleaner/more comfortable than the state train (you should book ahead with a travel agent in VN)

#4 Posted: 24/9/2013 - 12:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sleeper Train from HCMC to Nha Trang ... By tayls on 8 Feb 2009 5 7547 25 Jul 2011
Nha Trang or Mui Ne in december???? ... By stvstv on 3 Sep 2009 4 5754 6 Oct 2009