Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

First time travelling HELP!

• bubbledog

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2013

Hey guys/girls

I really need some advice so fire away.

I'm confused how to get from Halong bay to Dong Hoi. I would like to visit the Phong Kna-Ke caves and spend a bit of time by the national park. I hope to then travel onwards to Danang and then onto Nha Trang to spend a little time on the beach. Ill then go straight on to HCMC. I've got just over 2 weeks to do the whole thing and need the most easiest form of transport. Preferably not flying as I think trains would be the best method.

I'd appreciate any advice.

xxx

#1 Posted: 6/10/2013 - 11:04

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

You'll need to go back into Hanoi and from there you can either take the train or fly to dong hoi. I think Phong Nha/the cave's about 45 mins by car from there but I haven't been for a couple of years so can't remember the exact timings or cost.

You can then go back to Dong Hoi for the train to Danang and onwards.

#2 Posted: 6/10/2013 - 19:56

• VietBuddy

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2013

Yes, Arah is right. You need to come back to Hanoi where every public transports pass by. Then you could take a train there to Dong Hoi ( Quang Binh province) that is the nearest station to get to Phong Nha cave. However, people said that Paradise cave is much more beautiful than Phong Nha and they are almost close to each others so check it out and maybe you will have some changes in your itinerary to have more interesting experience. Good luck and happy travel.

#3 Posted: 7/10/2013 - 02:33

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Train travel can be really really really s-l-o-w and boring - esp for long trips like Danang to Nha Trang. Don't want to see you wasting those 2 weeks - air travel can be very good and good value. I suggest either Vietnam Airlines or Vietjet Airlines - book on their websites for the best price.

(2 wks is not really enough time to see VN very well!)

#4 Posted: 7/10/2013 - 10:30

• tintinndk

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2013

Hey you, I'm Vietnamese, welcome you come to Vietnam. If you need my help or any advices, I'll help you.
    You can contact me by duckhoanguyen09@gmail.com or mobile: 84905245673.

#5 Posted: 1/11/2013 - 11:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.