Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hanoi entertainment shutdown this weekend

Posted by travellingsarah on 7/10/2013 at 22:50 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

As you may know, revered General Vo Nguyen Giap died last week, aged 102. Due to the three days of national mourning in his memory, from Friday 11th to Sunday 13th October, all entertainment events will be cancelled. This is mandatory and includes the CAMA festival and Piknic Electronik. I am trying to find out whether bars will be closed as well and will update as soon as I can. Could be a quiet weekend in Hanoi! I'm not sure of the status elsewhere in Vietnam.

#1 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by travellingsarah on 11/10/2013 at 04:42 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

I've not been able to establish exactly what's going to be open this weekend. It is likely that bars will close, or at least close early, but there are sure to be some places open and restaurants can still open as usual so it shouldn't affect your visit too much. Note that the regulations are in place from noon today until Sunday. Also I've heard that the road out towards the airport is likely to be busy on Sunday afternoon due to the funeral procession, so if you're flying on Sunday evening check this out when booking a taxi.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.