Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hiking in Ha Giang/Cruising Bai Tu Long Bay - guide suggestions?

• mvlum

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2013

My husband and I are going to be spending some time in Hanoi later this month and have time for a couple trips. We've settled on Bai Tu Long Bay and spending some time hiking Ha Giang.

Can anyone recommend guides for hiking around Ha Giang? I've found Ethnic Travel, but didn't know if there were others that might be good. We're looking at perhaps 3-5 days.

Also looking at cruises at Bai Tu Longj Bay, is there really a need to do anything longer than a 2D/1N cruise?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

#1 Posted: 4/11/2013 - 22:50

• Advertisement

• stever1000

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2013

Hi,
    What did you decide to do?

#2 Posted: 21/11/2013 - 01:55

• mvlum

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2013

Well, you know what they say about best laid plans.....both the husband and I ended up with a nasty cold/virus right when we arrived in Hanoi, so hiking for five days in the mountains wasn't the best choice. Couple that with a weather forecast that was raining/cloudy, and we decided to forego Ha Giang altogether and went to Hoi An.

#3 Posted: 2/12/2013 - 23:01

• ongjoel

Joined Travelfish
    6th December, 2013
    Location Singapore
    Places visited:
    At least 9

During our trip we did not make trekking / Hiking to Ha Giang, We just do trekking to Mai Chau and Sapa.
    However, as I know and be suggested by tour guide, he said that, best is take 4 day. in any way, u can not do it in 2 days, it too hard and too rush if just take 2 days. Yeah, agree with u, 5 days will be too long. Surely, you must have a good healthy to do the hiking, and the trip I imagine It will be very adventurous, and be strange, beyond normal heritages sites on lands
    Here is the things to do for hiking Ha Giang that the guide of Impressive Travel Vietnam suggest us

Day 1: Hanoi - Ha Giang noi- stay homestay
    Day 2: Trekking: to Nam Hong village
    Overnight at homestay with Man Ta Pan house.
    Day 3: Trekking day to Phin Ho village (5-6 hours).
    Stay overnight at Tay hill tribe house
    Day 4: Ha Giang - Hanoi: today it is time for u back to Hanoi

Personality, for cruises at Bai Tu Longj Bay, there is no really need to do anything longer than a 2D/1N cruise
    We took 2 days cruise on galaxy cruise, and lucky to know that this cruise is on own operation of Impressive Travel Vietnam, and Nancy arrange the cruise trip for us, and we aware that we was in priority for a Net price, no more pay for commission or higher fee as some my friends did the previous ones with another agent

Yes, we also heard someone said about Ethnic Travel, but I no see they get highly recommend or good ranks on others sites. So take a good choice, and ask right person, right agent to can help you well

#4 Posted: 7/12/2013 - 05:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cruising the Ha Long Bay from Cat Ba ? ... By XtoF on 17 Oct 2007 3 1856 19 Oct 2007