Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam - Typhoon (Hoi An and Hanoi)

• Bronkie

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2013
    Location South Africa

Hi all.

We will be travelling to Hanoi and Hoi An in December. Tickets are booked and our hostel reservations have all been paid for.

I'm struggling to contact our hostel in Hoi An, in the past the replied to my message quite quickly. Now I'm not getting responses from them.

I wanted to know if things are okay in Hoi An? I mean if they have been hit too bad then I need to book other accommodation and change our itinerary to visit another city.

If anybody has been in Hanoi or Hoi An during the last week or so I would love to hear if things are not as bad as what I fear they are.

Regards and thanks,

Janco

#1 Posted: 17/11/2013 - 02:09

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Hanoi is as normal. The storm hardly hit. Hoi An wasn't affected by Typhoon Haiyan either - I know some places were damaged in the previous one but mainly beach places I think. I know they've had electric outages though so maybe that's caused problems.

#2 Posted: 17/11/2013 - 09:00

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Ah, and flooding: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2013/11/dozens-killed-vietnam-floods-2013111753223557854.html

#3 Posted: 17/11/2013 - 20:23

• Bronkie

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2013
    Location South Africa

Thanks Arah,

Appreciate it.

Still no answer from them. Maybe they do have some problems with their IT over there at the moment.

Anyway so happy to be going, 5 weeks and counting!

#4 Posted: 18/11/2013 - 00:28

• Hitengy

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

Both Hanoi and Hoi An is safe, now. It is no matter at all.Please do not worry.

#5 Posted: 19/11/2013 - 20:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.