Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam - Typhoon (Hoi An and Hanoi)

Posted by Bronkie on 17/11/2013 at 02:09

Hi all.

We will be travelling to Hanoi and Hoi An in December. Tickets are booked and our hostel reservations have all been paid for.

I'm struggling to contact our hostel in Hoi An, in the past the replied to my message quite quickly. Now I'm not getting responses from them.

I wanted to know if things are okay in Hoi An? I mean if they have been hit too bad then I need to book other accommodation and change our itinerary to visit another city.

If anybody has been in Hanoi or Hoi An during the last week or so I would love to hear if things are not as bad as what I fear they are.

Regards and thanks,

Janco

#1 Bronkie has been a member since 21/10/2013. Location: South Africa. Posts: 2

Posted by travellingsarah on 17/11/2013 at 09:00 TF writer

Hanoi is as normal. The storm hardly hit. Hoi An wasn't affected by Typhoon Haiyan either - I know some places were damaged in the previous one but mainly beach places I think. I know they've had electric outages though so maybe that's caused problems.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by travellingsarah on 17/11/2013 at 20:23 TF writer

Ah, and flooding: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2013/11/dozens-killed-vietnam-floods-2013111753223557854.html

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by Bronkie on 18/11/2013 at 00:28

Thanks Arah,

Appreciate it.

Still no answer from them. Maybe they do have some problems with their IT over there at the moment.

Anyway so happy to be going, 5 weeks and counting!

#4 Bronkie has been a member since 21/10/2013. Location: South Africa. Posts: 2

Posted by Hitengy on 19/11/2013 at 20:59

Posted from within Vietnam.

Both Hanoi and Hoi An is safe, now. It is no matter at all.Please do not worry.

#5 Hitengy has been a member since 19/11/2013. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.