Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Recommended tour operators

• blackhawk60

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2013

Dear all,

I want to join some tours in Vietnam in Febuary like Ha Long, Sapa, Mekong Delta,... Total daily cost should be max. 75USD.

I'm a bit confused regarding the recommendations/ratings. It seems Sinh Cafe = SinhTourist (https://www.thesinhtourist.vn/) is highly recommended here as well as in some books.

Yet they are missing in the series of Ha Long Bay article(s). Also, the tripadvisor rating is close to horrible http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g293924-d1933099-Reviews-The_Sinh_Tourist_Day_Tours-Hanoi.html (this really should be the "right" one and no copycat as indicated by the website and location).

Thus: What are your experiences?

Which other operators do you recommend?

LonelyPlanet recommends Handspan, but they are out of my budget. Also: What about Vega Travel and Ethnic Travel?

I also read the details Ha Long Bay article(s) and my conclusion is: I need a decent mid-range tour but which one?!?!? :)

Thanks in advance!

Bye,
    Marcus

#1 Posted: 21/12/2013 - 05:06

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

The fact is that you don't need any tour for Vietnam - DIY is just too easy in this country (why double the cost when you can get much better value by a few easy reservations?)

I think you will find that Travelfish attracts the more independent backpacker types.

I plan 90% of my own trips, but I do use local guides in some areas such as Sapa, Mekong Delta, etc.

#2 Posted: 22/12/2013 - 18:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
TOUR OPERATORS IN KANCHANABURI ... By RACER283 on 18 Jan 2008 2 2768 19 Jan 2008
Local Tour Operators ... By Wyse11 on 26 Jun 2008 7 2985 2 Sep 2008
SNORKELLING and Tour Operators -KO SAMUI AREA ... By RACER283 on 29 Jan 2008 0 2117 29 Jan 2008
Cycling/Trekking Vietnam..Tour Operators Good or Bad? ... By star1976 on 6 Mar 2009 11 6467 30 Aug 2010