Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

How many hours by car from Hue to Hoi An via Hai Van Pass?

• EdwardTrunk

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2013

Can anyone say how many hours it takes by car from Hue to Hoi An via Hai Van Pass without any stops for sightseeing? I can see the distance on the map but I don't know the terrain, road quality, ease of travel etc. Once we know how long without stops for sightseeing, we can plan time for stops at Marble Mountains etc.

#1 Posted: 14/1/2014 - 09:32

• Advertisement

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

Google maps says 3 hours which is probably about right, I didn't do it myself though(I took moto taxi to Danang then train). You probably want at least 1.5 hours at the marble mountains. That is how long it took me although I was somewhat rushing(still saw everything).

#2 Posted: 14/1/2014 - 19:00

• Michelle56

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2014

It takes 3 hours. If you want to plan time for MarbleMountains, you better drive through Hai Van tunnel instead. It takes less than 15 to 20 minutes

#3 Posted: 15/1/2014 - 01:25

• EdwardTrunk

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2013

Thanks very much for the helpful info.

#4 Posted: 19/1/2014 - 08:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.