Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Headied to HCMC on the 5h. Meet for drink or street food?

Posted by TerroirTravel on 1/2/2014 at 04:57

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,

I've been reading the forums for awhile, but finally registering and posting. I'm a solo traveler, and always enjoy meeting up with others of like mind. My main interest- good food explorations. So far I'm planning to be there from the 5th -10th of Feb., and would enjoy sharing a meal and hearing about your adventures.

Cheers,

TT

#1 TerroirTravel has been a member since 1/2/2014. Posts: 58
 Where has TerroirTravel been? 

Posted by TerroirTravel on 3/2/2014 at 05:37

Posted from within Vietnam.

Okay, let me try this again....

I'm a woman in my 40s, who has been in SEA (Thailand, Cambodia, SW Vietnam) since mid-November. My traveling companion is heading back to the US after we get to HCMC, and I will be on my own, so was hoping to find some people that might want to meet up there for a bite, trade travel stories and tips, etc. I will be heading north after HCMC.

Cheers!

#2 TerroirTravel has been a member since 1/2/2014. Posts: 58

Posted by MADMAC on 4/2/2014 at 11:38

Saigon has a really big expat / tourist scene, so I'm sure you won't have difficulty finding people to chat with there if this venue doesn't work out.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 4/2/2014 at 19:25

The local 25yos would be more appealing to male tourists though

#4 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by travellingsarah on 4/2/2014 at 21:55 TF writer

Agree with MADMAC - grab a beer in one of the roadside places on Bui Vien and you'll meet other travellers in no time.

If I were there I'd meet up, but I'm at the other end of the country. Give me a shout if you get to Hanoi though!

#5 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by TerroirTravel on 6/2/2014 at 20:48

Thanks for the tips- so far I really like the city, lots to see and eat! I plan to make it up to Hanoi by mid-march, I'll buy the first round. :)

#6 TerroirTravel has been a member since 1/2/2014. Posts: 58

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.