Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Gary Glitter: Hopes for early release, again. Write the PM to stop it!

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Gary 'The Paedophile' Glitters lawyer, LE Than Khin, said the former rocker could be released from his VietNam jail cell as early as this weekend.

Sunday is VietNam's annual Independence Day holiday, when the government traditionally releases prisoners early as part of celebrations.

Glitter's lawyer said the former pop star has completed about half of his sentence for a conviction of se xually assaulting two girls, ages 11 and 12.

"I am hopeful" about Glitter's possible release," Khin said. "I believe punishment has now been sufficient. My client has expressed a wish to return home."

If the glam rock star returns to Britain, he could face charges under se x tourism laws.

If any TA members want to politely write an e-mail to the Prime Minister of VietNam here is how to do it:

Mark the Subject: For the attention of Prime Minister NGUYEN Tan Dung and start your body with: Prime Minister:

The address is (cut and paste) "Prime Minister NGUYEN Tan Dung" < banbientap@mofa.gov.vn >.

Since Glitters activities abused his privileges as a visitor, and gave other Travellers a bad name, maybe you would like to voice your opinion on whether he should stay over another year or get out early.

#1 Posted: 30/8/2007 - 23:30

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.