Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Crossing border information

• Magnusteo

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2014

Hi everyone!

I am planning my two months trip all around Asia for this summer but I have some problem to find the right information about the crossing border between South-Cambodia and Vietnam.

I would like to go directly to Ho Chi Minh City FROM Sen Monorom by bus/train..is it possible? If not, what can I do? Because I will visit the Elephant Valley Project after PP and I think that going back again to PP would be a huge waste of time.

Thanks in advance!!

#1 Posted: 15/2/2014 - 18:52

• Advertisement

• LolaNguyen

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

The border crossing you are looking for is the Snoul/Loc Ninh crossing, which is a fairly pleasant crossing not too frequented by westerners, but is serviced by quite a modern building with baggage scan and passport stamping office (you'll need to have your Vietnam Visa ready).
    There are no trains that do this route and the Vietnam side (to Ho Chi Minh) is a bit of a nightmare as the roads are terrible (still being built). You'd need to find transport to Cu Chi and then go on to HCMC from there - that's the tricky bit and you might find the only option is a motorbike taxi and then to get a bus from Cu Chi, as a guide, it takes about an hour from the border to Cu Chi.

#2 Posted: 22/2/2014 - 22:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Help!! Information on overland border crossing. ... By JanCamp on 4 Apr 2012 1 1767 4 Apr 2012