Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Opinions on itinery for family with kids age 6 and 9 please.

• oncecalledf-
    red

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2013

So we have booked flights to VN in April with 6yr old girl and 9 yr old boy. Our plans are:

Ho Chi Minh City for 3 days - Cu chi tunnels and botanic gardens planned.

Then upto Madagui for few days at the resort to include visit to Dambri falls.

Then to Nha Trang for 4 days - no plans yet but I've heard beaches are lovely here???

Then Hoi An for a couple days, we've been for day trip before so will just explore a bit more.

Then Hue for 4 days - no plans as yet.

I've been looking a hotels on Trip advisor and in the rough guide for short list, but if anyone with small children and have been somewhere they would recommend at any of the above locations, I'd really appreciate it. Budget is £25-£30 per night. Planning to get hotel as we travel so gives us more flexibility if we decide to stay somewhere longer or shorter than planned.

Any opinions, advise, ideas are welcomed. I am reading the rough guide but there's not as much information for families. Many thanks

#1 Posted: 19/2/2014 - 10:37

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi,

We recently ran a story on family-friendly accommodation in Hoi An - you can read it here the first option may fit the bill and is well within your budget.

Hope that helps.

#2 Posted: 19/2/2014 - 18:48

• oncecalledf-
    red

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2013

Thank you, I've had a look at your link and B'Lan House looks like it'll fit the bill very well and a big bonus that its under our budget too :-) Would you recommend that we book in advance or just turn up?

Just need few more places like this for the other destinations. We've short listed La Jolie Hotel, Hai Long 5, Tan Hai Long 4 and Northern Hotel for HCMC.

#3 Posted: 20/2/2014 - 11:16

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you know what you're dates are going to be I'd drop them en email to seal it up. There are plenty of other places to stay in Hoi An though...

None of the other hotels you mention ring a bell sorry.

#4 Posted: 20/2/2014 - 19:23

• oncecalledf-
    red

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2013

Thank you, I've booked B'lan as we particularly want the Japanese room.

Thang - thank you for your offer but we've been Halong Bay twice already, time to explore other parts.

#5 Posted: 25/2/2014 - 17:29

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Well you've alrready booked, so it's a bit late. I would not have been hitting Vietnam with the kids. I'd have done Thailand. BUT... too late now. Have a good one. hope it works out for you.

#6 Posted: 18/3/2014 - 13:59

• oncecalledf-
    red

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2013

We've been to VN with the kids before when they were 3 and 5 and they really liked it though we only were in the North, and didn't do so many trips, hence we wanted to explore more areas this time. Think are really excited about it, my main concerns are safety.

#7 Posted: 18/3/2014 - 14:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
cambodia & laos with kids help with itinery ... By idit on 29 Jun 2013 2 546 30 Jun 2013
suggested itinery for 4 days at Siem reap with kids? ... By idit on 21 Jul 2013 1 1483 26 Jul 2013
Family with kids in hotels ... By Blimes on 9 Jul 2011 2 1799 11 Jul 2011