Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Any budget hotel in Ho Chi Minh with a pool?

• johannahon

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2007

I was wondering if any one new of a hotel (or b&b, or hostel, or selfcatering appartment,....) under 20 Euro (about 25 USD)/day that has a swimming pool? I've already looked around a bit on this site, but there doesn't seem to be one. In Bali that seemed to be a natural thing, considering the heat,but vietnam seems to think otherwise :-D

Any help is appreciated :-)

#1 Posted: 2/9/2007 - 18:41

• Advertisement

• johannahon

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2007

wel, thank you for the tip, but that site just has a list of hotels for the whole of vietnam. No way of selecting hotels under 20 euro, not even selecting just saigon, you have to go through 640 hotels one by one! :-o

so my question rermains: any body know of a hotel that is under 25 USD, and has a pool in saigon (ho chi minh)?

#2 Posted: 3/9/2007 - 23:39

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi johannahon,

Unfortunately pools in Saigon are far rarer than Bali -- even the top-end pools had pretty paltry offerings. I know of nowhere for under $20 with a pool, and can only suggest swinging by one of the bigger hotels and using their pool.

The Rex, Omni, Sofitel and The Metropole all have pools you can use by the day -- a day pass at the admittedly not huge Rex pool costs 50,000 VND per day.

#3 Posted: 4/9/2007 - 18:44

• johannahon

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2007

thank you so much Somtam, that is a good tip. By now I have found 1 hotel that seems to come close: the "evergreen hotel"; but if any one knows others please let me know :-)

#4 Posted: 5/9/2007 - 00:46

• johannahon

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2007

also if any one has already stayed in the "evergreen hotel", let me know how it was :-)

#5 Posted: 10/9/2007 - 03:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Pay per day pool/hotel facilities ... By monkindy on 28 Nov 2011 3 1036 29 Nov 2011
Hotel with pool in Luang Prabang ... By juliehartley on 28 Feb 2009 3 2234 28 Feb 2009
Hanoi Paradise Hotel - The only hotel has swimming pool in Hanoi Old Quater ... By hanoiparadise on 14 Aug 2013 0 779 14 Aug 2013