Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Any budget hotel in Ho Chi Minh with a pool?

Posted by johannahon on 2/9/2007 at 18:41

I was wondering if any one new of a hotel (or b&b, or hostel, or selfcatering appartment,....) under 20 Euro (about 25 USD)/day that has a swimming pool? I've already looked around a bit on this site, but there doesn't seem to be one. In Bali that seemed to be a natural thing, considering the heat,but vietnam seems to think otherwise :-D

Any help is appreciated :-)

#1 johannahon has been a member since 2/9/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by johannahon on 3/9/2007 at 23:39

wel, thank you for the tip, but that site just has a list of hotels for the whole of vietnam. No way of selecting hotels under 20 euro, not even selecting just saigon, you have to go through 640 hotels one by one! :-o

so my question rermains: any body know of a hotel that is under 25 USD, and has a pool in saigon (ho chi minh)?

#2 johannahon has been a member since 2/9/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/9/2007 at 18:44 admin

Hi johannahon,

Unfortunately pools in Saigon are far rarer than Bali -- even the top-end pools had pretty paltry offerings. I know of nowhere for under $20 with a pool, and can only suggest swinging by one of the bigger hotels and using their pool.

The Rex, Omni, Sofitel and The Metropole all have pools you can use by the day -- a day pass at the admittedly not huge Rex pool costs 50,000 VND per day.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by johannahon on 5/9/2007 at 00:46

thank you so much Somtam, that is a good tip. By now I have found 1 hotel that seems to come close: the "evergreen hotel"; but if any one knows others please let me know :-)

#4 johannahon has been a member since 2/9/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by johannahon on 10/9/2007 at 03:16

also if any one has already stayed in the "evergreen hotel", let me know how it was :-)

#5 johannahon has been a member since 2/9/2007. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.