Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Internet quality in Ho Chi Minh, Hoi An, Quy Nhon and Nha Trang

• CarinaAI

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2014

Hello all,
    I am going on 1-month-trip to Vietnam in April and wouldneed a "not-too-bad" and relatively stable internet connection as Iam a freelance writer and have to do some research on my texts (usually normalhtml sites with a few pictures).
    I am considering going to:
    Ho Chi Minh
    Hoi An
    Quy Nhon
    Nha Trang
    Does anyone have experiences with internet quality in thoseplaces? General quality, cheap hotels/hostels with good internet, goodVietnamese internet providers (subscription for 1 month) etc.
    I am also open for recommendation of other places in Vietnam(I probably won't go as far north as Hanoi though)
    The connection doesn't have to be extraordinary and somedisconnections can happen, but I would need to be able to work about 15h/weekand a connection that loads an "average" webpage in less than 2minutes...so not extraordinary, but working.
    Thank you :)

#1 Posted: 23/2/2014 - 21:34

• Advertisement

• LolaNguyen

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

You'll be fine in Hoi An, the town has it's own free 'mega WiFi' so you can hook up to the internet anywhere and for the most part you'll get a good enough connection to do everything you need. Occassionally it can get a bit flaky and we do have regular powerouts (back everything up as you work). It may help you to know that if you experience problems with the connection in town at any point, decamping to another area often provides a solution. Cua Dai and An Bang are just up the road and on different grids.

#2 Posted: 24/2/2014 - 20:13

• CarinaAI

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2014

That's great news. Thank you very much :)

#3 Posted: 25/2/2014 - 01:43

• TerroirTrav-
    el

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2014
    Places visited:
    At least 25

I have been in all of these places recently. There is internet everywhere. Hotels, restaurants, bars, everywhere. Some of it is not password protected, so be aware of that. I got a VPN that I use all the time, just to add a layer of security.

#4 Posted: 25/2/2014 - 02:20

• CarinaAI

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2014

Thank you so much, that's really helpful :)

#5 Posted: 25/2/2014 - 22:00

• nathuy

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2014

If you would like to stay in Ho Chi Minh City, you should never forget to visit backpacker areas. The most famous backpacker area is on Pham Ngu Lao Street. It is the composition of streets around the main one – Pham Ngu Lao Street. To name some of them, there are De Tham Street, Do Quang Dau Street, and Bui Vien Street. There is a wide variety of hotels, art galleries, gift and fashion shops, restaurants, and travel companies.
    Especially for the foreign tourists, there is Suite Back Packer Inn located in the backpacker area of HCMC. It offers many facilities, from public rooms to private rooms, minibars, reception area, etc. Air conditioned feature along with free Wi-Fi would caught your attention. Tour booking service or locker rooms can be also found there. The internet quality here is pretty good and you will soon enjoy it.
    Hope you have fun!

#6 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 01:11

• nganhafdt89

Joined Travelfish
    18th December, 2013

Not too difficult to accessfree wifi in the hotel, restaurant, .. where you expected to: HCMC,Quy Nhon, Nhatrang, HoiAn.Some good internet serviceprovider in Vietnam: VNPT, FPT, Viettel, ... You can contact the dealerdirectly to service providers for advice.
    Good luck

#7 Posted: 22/4/2014 - 05:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.