Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Egg Coffee. Is it a Vietnam invention

• johnandterry

Joined Travelfish
    14th March, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

It was the first time I've been to VN, and the time was so limited that I can't visit many places, especially the north of VN. I only have time to wander around Saigon and Vungtau, some places nearby.

My friend in VN always said that was a lost I didn't get the chance to go visit Hanoi, cuz there are lots of special dishes there, and I was like what, I ate lots and lots of incredible food here in saigon, can it be anything greater? As I'm a real foodie, it was a regret I didn't visit VN longer. The food was really good and various, though I was a bit worried about the quality of it.

My last day, my friend took me for a ride for the last time, so we went to an area where there was lots of restaurants and small food kiosks as well. I wasn't so thrilled as along the way there were pizza hut, baskin robin, texas chicken ect., I juz hope for something special. He knew that, so we stoped by a coffee shop, which wasn't look so big, juz a regular cafe you can find anywhere. I was gonna order a black coffee, but my friend advised me to order something else, coffee with egg. I wasn't so sure about that, coffee and egg, what was it, is it even a drink? But I never mind to try new things, so we ordered an egg coffee and a hot egg chocolate. He told me he wasn't so sure either, cuz it was a really special drink, there was only one place that serves it, and the place is in hanoi, very famous, and he didn't know if this place is as good. I was like, whatever, I was eager to try it out.
    13231303924_f85bdc99ba_c.jpg
    Finally the drink was served, it took a while, mine was egg coffee. I tried a bit, and was surprised. It tasted softer than the vietnamese coffee, but much richer, really good, and it has this really amazing smell, just like freshly baked muffins! And the waiter said there was only egg and coffee, with sugar in it. My friend's egg chocolate is a bit sweeter, so I like mine better. It was so good, and I was so glad I got the chance to try something that special even when I all I did was wandering around saigon. Definitely come back soon to discover more about vietnam.
    13230967575_f02658def5_c.jpg

You can find it in 08 Hoa Cuc Street, Phu Nhuan District, Sai Gon. I want to share this special coffee to everyone.

#1 Posted: 19/3/2014 - 21:17

• Advertisement

• Ngocanh

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

Great! I hope you would find many special things next time coming back and share us. You know, you can find special foods around hospitals, schools or universities. That's the way I burry my stomach. ^^

#2 Posted: 29/4/2014 - 04:46

• Grunberg

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2014

ohh, i am egg coffee lover, the answer is yes yes. Egg coffee in Vietnam it is really great and it is great invention of Vietnam. Have you visit egg coffe at 39 nguyen huu huan street (cafe Giang) let see http://hanoi-online.net/index.php/vietnamese-egg-coffee/ . It is really must visit place for those who love coffee in Hanoi. Hope ypu can find it because it is located in a narrow alley.

#3 Posted: 10/5/2014 - 00:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Aziza's Coffee, Phnom Penh - Selling coffee from Cambodia's first SOLAR-POWERED TUKTUK ... By AzizasCoffee on 18 Nov 2014 1 174 18 Nov 2014
Coffee journeys with Akha Ama Coffee, Chiangmai/Chiangrai ... By wanderingcat on 10 Dec 2010 0 2391 10 Dec 2010