Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Boat from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien?

Posted by fuzzneko on 21/3/2014 at 20:55

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has information about a fast boat from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien. I am looking for scheduled departure times, where the boat departs from, how much for a ticket, average travel time, etc. we are hoping to get to Kep from the border. Thanks!!!

#1 fuzzneko has been a member since 28/2/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by oasisbarhatien on 23/3/2014 at 21:35

Currently there are fast boats from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien at 08.00 and 13.00.Tickets cost between 215,000VND and 260,000VND depending on the boat company.The crossing takes about 90 minutes,at this time of year the weather is generally good,so the sea is calm,and the crossing uneventful.It's only 15 minutes to the border from the boat dock-a moto should be 60,000VND max to the border,and from the border to Kep is only 30km,so it takes less than an hour.There are tourist minibuses leaving Ha Tien every day at around 13.00,or you can just take a moto all the way from the dock,to the border,and through to Kep-this should cost no more than 10/12 USD,depending on your negotiating skills.It's difficult to find moto drivers who can speak any English,there are a few that I know and use if I need to do this journey.Don't pay until you arrive in Kep,as sometimes the moto drivers cannot go into Cambodia,so they take you to the border and hand you over to another driver in Cambodia,and then there's confusion about how much is to be paid to each driver.

#2 oasisbarhatien has been a member since 12/8/2010. Posts: 109
 Website 

Posted by stoneman on 8/4/2014 at 04:18

Google for the superdong website. Included their timetable last time I accessed.

#3 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100

Posted by asianway on 10/4/2014 at 03:32

Here, time table & cost at : http://www.superdong.com.vn/Pages/HomePage.aspx
Phu quoc - Ha Tien : two daily departure , at 8:30 - 9:45 & at 13:30 -14:45

#4 asianway has been a member since 9/4/2014. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.