Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hoi An/Da Nang Private Guide

• ebfried

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2014

My son and I spent 2 weeks in August 2013 with a wonderful personal guide called Xuan Tu MAI who lives in Da Nang . My wife and I met Xuan Tu the year before in Da Nang and were immediately taken with her kindness to us. Xuan Tu is a very endearing young lady who's English is perfect having studied at the University of Foreign Languages in Da Nang and has lived for a time in Australia. She is passionate about her culture and country. We spent time with her in Hoi An, Da Nang and motorcycle riding in central Vietnam for 4 days. We had a ball. A personal guide is far better than an organised tour - much more personal and no dearer. Xuan Tu has just started her guide business, having conducted tours previously for free as a university student. She has extensive contacts and if you want just a tour of Hoi An, a food or shopping experience or a motorbike tour of the battelefields, then Xuan Tu can organise these. Xuan Tu has now become a close friend and we are only too pleased to recommend her and assist her in this venture. We were so impressed with her that we helped her create a website www.privatehoianguide.com with contact details. She was so honest that when we bought things, shop keepers would secretly pass her commission money which she then passed back to us. She kept nothing. Preferring her clients to be referred to reputable traders rather than based on commissions received. Xuan Tu also referred us to a wonderful private guide in Saigon who was also outstanding.

#1 Posted: 5/4/2014 - 22:24

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
looking for a private guide in Laos ... By Junie on 23 Mar 2010 1 3039 24 Mar 2010
Hotel & Private Guide Recommendations ... By chantelita on 2 May 2010 5 2426 3 May 2010
Hanoi in Dec - Van+Driver or private tour with guide ... By pekyao on 21 Oct 2007 10 3875 1 Nov 2007
Private English Speaking Travel Guide in Ko Phangan ... By gilandeitan on 30 Jun 2012 1 1418 2 Jul 2012
New Travelfish Guide for Da Nang and Hoi An ... By somtam2000 on 22 Nov 2008 0 3838 22 Nov 2008