Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Best beach place in northern Vietnam?

Posted by etam on 10/9/2007 at 16:02

Hi!

I'm planning to end my 3 week laos/vietnam trip in northern vietnam and fly home from Hanoi. Before I return to Sweden, with its hellish November weather, I would like to stock up on sun and beachlife. Therefore, my questions are:

Are there any nice beaches in northern vietnam?
Is the climate/weather in norther Vietnam suited for beach life in November?

If not, which is the northernmost nice beach place anyone could recommend?

I would be very thankful for any answer!

#1 etam has been a member since 10/9/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by manooe on 12/9/2007 at 10:32

Posted from within Vietnam.

There are some beautiful beaches in the North of Viet Nam.
Bai Dai beach in Van Don town. It's 40kms from Ha Long bay.
Quan Lan beach, 4 hours by boat from Ha Long bay.
Tra Co, in the far Nothern of VietNam near China - Viet Nam border crossing, 5 hours by car from Ha Long bay.
Catba beach, a beautiful island near Hai Phong city, it's about 2,5 hours from Ha Noi. To get there, U can take a local bus then hydrofoil to Cat Ba.

But I'm afraid that November is winter in the Northern Viet Nam so it's will be cold and cloudy. U should spend ur beach-time in the Southern Vietnam, the climate will be better for swimming and sunbathing.
Enjoy ur days in Viet Nam

#2 manooe has been a member since 12/9/2007. Posts: 34

Posted by CatBa on 12/9/2007 at 14:06

South Viet Nam, for sun purposes, begins way south of Da Nang possibly OK at Nha Trang.

#3 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by etam on 12/9/2007 at 18:19

Thanks!

I will then try to change my flight. Right now I'm booked to fly in to bangkok and home from Hanoi. If I do the opposite I can spend some beach time in thailand before heading to bangkok.

Thanks again!

#4 etam has been a member since 10/9/2007. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.