Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Best beach place in northern Vietnam?

• etam

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2007

Hi!

I'm planning to end my 3 week laos/vietnam trip in northern vietnam and fly home from Hanoi. Before I return to Sweden, with its hellish November weather, I would like to stock up on sun and beachlife. Therefore, my questions are:

Are there any nice beaches in northern vietnam?
    Is the climate/weather in norther Vietnam suited for beach life in November?

If not, which is the northernmost nice beach place anyone could recommend?

I would be very thankful for any answer!

#1 Posted: 10/9/2007 - 16:02

• Advertisement

• manooe

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

There are some beautiful beaches in the North of Viet Nam.
    Bai Dai beach in Van Don town. It's 40kms from Ha Long bay.
    Quan Lan beach, 4 hours by boat from Ha Long bay.
    Tra Co, in the far Nothern of VietNam near China - Viet Nam border crossing, 5 hours by car from Ha Long bay.
    Catba beach, a beautiful island near Hai Phong city, it's about 2,5 hours from Ha Noi. To get there, U can take a local bus then hydrofoil to Cat Ba.

But I'm afraid that November is winter in the Northern Viet Nam so it's will be cold and cloudy. U should spend ur beach-time in the Southern Vietnam, the climate will be better for swimming and sunbathing.
    Enjoy ur days in Viet Nam

#2 Posted: 12/9/2007 - 10:32

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

South Viet Nam, for sun purposes, begins way south of Da Nang possibly OK at Nha Trang.

#3 Posted: 12/9/2007 - 14:06

• etam

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2007

Thanks!

I will then try to change my flight. Right now I'm booked to fly in to bangkok and home from Hanoi. If I do the opposite I can spend some beach time in thailand before heading to bangkok.

Thanks again!

#4 Posted: 12/9/2007 - 18:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.