Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Stranded in Tam Dao hellhole! urgent advice please!

• Flowertot

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

If anyone familiar with the area can help. I will be so grateful! Basically, my volunteer placement in the area went pear shaped and I had to strike out on my own. Have landed up in Tam Dao which I thought was a town but is actually a tiny village. It is swathed in the thickest fog I have ever seen and the fog has been seeping into the whole hotel and my room for 2 days. Everything including my sheets are damp, and water is pooling on the floor. It is too foggy to even venture out to explore.
    Can anyone please recommend a DECENT hotel I can move to as all the ones I have seen reviewed sound equally ropey. Or can you suggest a proper sized town near here that I could get a taxi to, to try and find alternative accommodation.
    They are holding my passport here and charging $40 a night for this dump and are most insistent that I should stay for the 3 nights I booked.
    Feeling trapped and unsure where to head for next
    Any advice from Vietnam experts gratefully received.
    Thanks for reading my tale of woe!

#1 Posted: 22/4/2014 - 04:45

• Advertisement

• quyetvc

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello,

Poor to hear that. Due to I am really enjoyable the time I stay at Tam Dao. It is actually clear and good environment to relax. However, too much fog might make you annoying.

You can rent a bike and going around the village. However, If you do not want to use the service, you can go down to the bottom of the mountain, so there are no much of foggy and enjoy the remaining days.

Best,

Vo Quyet - Funny Weekend

#2 Posted: 22/4/2014 - 10:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.