Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Motorbiking the north in May...advisable?

• cbg0927

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2013
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

In Luang Prabang now. Have plans to leave towards Oudomxay tomorrow and up to the Tay Trang border crossing to enter Vietnam. Would love to see Sapa region before heading south. Is it foolish to do this on a motorbike at this time of year because of rain? If Sapa is not advisable, I'd probably head for the Na Mao border crossing instead and skip out on Hanoi/the far north altogether.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice you could offer me!

#1 Posted: 8/5/2014 - 23:58

• Advertisement

• cbg0927

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2013
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

For those that might have the same question, I arrived in Sapa today after 3 nights on the road from Luang Prabang (Oudomxay, Dien Bien Phu , Than Uyen). I got rained on on the stretch between Dien Bien Phu and Than Uyen, but it wasn't too bad that it stopped me from riding.

#2 Posted: 13/5/2014 - 07:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Exploring the Oriental Culture from Middle to North? Advisable Budget & Time? ... By tuktukdriver on 21 Dec 2009 0 1009 21 Dec 2009
Motorbiking south to north ... By lodge on 26 Feb 2009 11 2766 17 Aug 2009