Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Halong Bay

• archiebaby

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2007

Can anyone suggeat a good junk boat to stay overnight please. I want to depart Hanoi go to Halong Bay stay overnight & return to Hanoi the next afternoon.I will be there int he 1st week of November 07.
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 13/9/2007 - 16:28

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you haven't already, you may want to take a look at our stories on the different boat tours out to Ha Long Bay.

There's also a few threads on the messageboard with some past recommendations, including:

Bad Ha Long trip

and in particular
    Ha Long Bay tours (long)

#2 Posted: 13/9/2007 - 19:20

• archiebaby

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2007

Thanks for that, I was told the Emeraude Cruise was a good safe trip, anyone done the overnight stay on this boat?

#3 Posted: 14/9/2007 - 04:07

• manooe

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

yup, Emeraude Cruise is top high - end cruise in Ha Long however price is quite expensive. But it worths ur expense.
    U can take a look at this cruise "Bhaya Cruise". Their website: http://www.bhayacruises.com/
    or "Ginger cruise". Sorry I don't have their website

#4 Posted: 14/9/2007 - 09:45

• manooe

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

yup, Emeraude Cruise is top high - end cruise in Ha Long however price is quite expensive. But it worths ur expense.
    U can take a look at this cruise "Bhaya Cruise". Their website: http://www.bhayacruises.com/
    or "Ginger cruise". Sorry I don't have their website

#5 Posted: 14/9/2007 - 09:45

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

#6 posted by CatBa - something wrong with MiniBB?

#6 Posted: 14/9/2007 - 14:43

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi CatBa,

yeah, there's something odd going on with your posts -- and only you it seems! You're message goes through but it cuts out your username -- weird. I've been fixing them manually up till now, but will try to nut out a real fix this w/e...

#7 Posted: 14/9/2007 - 14:57

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Hi Mahout:
    Could be due the fact I am presently getting a WiFi signal from across the border in China.

If you've ever been there you'll know just how bad the Great Fire Wall of China makes InterNet use.

I'll be heading south next week and will enjoy the comparative unlimited freedom of the VietNam InterNet access.

Still, I can sign in, and the software acknowledges who I am yet it fails to post the name. My computer and OS (Linux) is the same as I use when mobile in VN.

When I use the satellite InterNet feed (think $$$) with this unit and your web site all is well.

You might also be interested in knowing that all levels of your directories can be accessed in China, whereas some of the competing boards cannot!

Feel free to delete this message section to avoid boring non-technical people.

J
    ///

#8 Posted: 14/9/2007 - 17:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.