Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Halong Bay

Posted by archiebaby on 13/9/2007 at 16:28

Can anyone suggeat a good junk boat to stay overnight please. I want to depart Hanoi go to Halong Bay stay overnight & return to Hanoi the next afternoon.I will be there int he 1st week of November 07.
Thanks

#1 archiebaby has been a member since 12/9/2007. Posts: 22

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/9/2007 at 19:20 admin

If you haven't already, you may want to take a look at our stories on the different boat tours out to Ha Long Bay.

There's also a few threads on the messageboard with some past recommendations, including:

Bad Ha Long trip

and in particular
Ha Long Bay tours (long)

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by archiebaby on 14/9/2007 at 04:07

Thanks for that, I was told the Emeraude Cruise was a good safe trip, anyone done the overnight stay on this boat?

#3 archiebaby has been a member since 12/9/2007. Posts: 22

Posted by manooe on 14/9/2007 at 09:45

Posted from within Vietnam.

yup, Emeraude Cruise is top high - end cruise in Ha Long however price is quite expensive. But it worths ur expense.
U can take a look at this cruise "Bhaya Cruise". Their website: http://www.bhayacruises.com/
or "Ginger cruise". Sorry I don't have their website

#4 manooe has been a member since 12/9/2007. Posts: 34

Posted by manooe on 14/9/2007 at 09:45

Posted from within Vietnam.

yup, Emeraude Cruise is top high - end cruise in Ha Long however price is quite expensive. But it worths ur expense.
U can take a look at this cruise "Bhaya Cruise". Their website: http://www.bhayacruises.com/
or "Ginger cruise". Sorry I don't have their website

#5 manooe has been a member since 12/9/2007. Posts: 34

Posted by CatBa on 14/9/2007 at 14:43

#6 posted by CatBa - something wrong with MiniBB?

#6 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/9/2007 at 14:57 admin

Hi CatBa,

yeah, there's something odd going on with your posts -- and only you it seems! You're message goes through but it cuts out your username -- weird. I've been fixing them manually up till now, but will try to nut out a real fix this w/e...

#7 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by CatBa on 14/9/2007 at 17:59

Hi Mahout:
Could be due the fact I am presently getting a WiFi signal from across the border in China.

If you've ever been there you'll know just how bad the Great Fire Wall of China makes InterNet use.

I'll be heading south next week and will enjoy the comparative unlimited freedom of the VietNam InterNet access.

Still, I can sign in, and the software acknowledges who I am yet it fails to post the name. My computer and OS (Linux) is the same as I use when mobile in VN.

When I use the satellite InterNet feed (think $$$) with this unit and your web site all is well.

You might also be interested in knowing that all levels of your directories can be accessed in China, whereas some of the competing boards cannot!

Feel free to delete this message section to avoid boring non-technical people.

J
///

#8 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.