Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Tet 2015

• Lesleigh

Joined Travelfish
    3rd July, 2011

Hi All. I would like a little in put on traveling over the tet period . My tickets booked so Im going ,arrive in Hanoi on the 9th february off to Ninh Binh for 2 to 3 days .I have booked a tour guide there..Then back to Hanoi leaving there on the 16th for Ho Chi Minh .I will book flight as soon as I can ,.is Jetstar reliable for very advanced bookings ?I am thinking that Saigon would be okay over tet as its a big city but the Mekong Delta would not be.I have asked this Question on Trip advisor and that lot seemed to say cancel flight to hard etc .Thorntree said a little difficult but those who need to work will still be working just avoid country areas. So now I would like your advice Thanking you all in advance Lesleigh.

#1 Posted: 23/5/2014 - 21:26

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Is you point about cancelling the flight related to whether you should book with Jetstar? I've not done it myself, but a company I consult for in HCMC always books me on Jetstar and they have changed flights easily enough, with a change fee. As for cancelling, you can't cancel the cheaper bundles but the more expensive 'Max bundle' is refundable. Why are you thinking you might need to cancel it?

HCMC will be fine over Tet. Most places will be closed for one or two days but nothing more. I'm not sure about the more rural areas.

#2 Posted: 23/5/2014 - 22:54

• Lesleigh

Joined Travelfish
    3rd July, 2011

I was more worried jetstar might cancel my flight as tet will be a very busy time for airlines I imagine. thank you for your reply. Lesleigh

#3 Posted: 23/5/2014 - 23:03

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

If you have the time, one of the best spots for Tet is Phu Quoc island. Your hotel will still serve food and you can just relax there and enjoy some time on the beach while you wait for everything in the delta and such to open back up. Internal flights will need to be booked well in advance, and if you are planning on taking a bus, it is probably best to book those on your first day in the city, rather then on the day you want to leave. Many hotels will do this for you with a small fee, so you don't have to worry about getting to the bus station just to purchase. Just be specific about what company you want. Mai Linh & Phuong Trang are a good companies to ask them to book with, not that it will guarantee that is the tickets they get you. With these steps, Tet is not bad, and everyone is in a very jocular mood - making for some great random encounters.

#4 Posted: 24/5/2014 - 06:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.