Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

From Hanoi to Ha Long Bay - HELP

• caroquette

Joined Travelfish
    15th April, 2014

Hey everyone!

So... I wanted your help on planning my trip to Ha Long Bay.

What shall I do? Shall I get a bus ticket in Hanoi to travel to the bay? Should I sleep at a hotel or a boat? If I do sleep on a boat, what is the best company to buy from?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Best Regards,

Carolina

#1 Posted: 24/5/2014 - 18:12

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

It all depends on your budget since there are 3 classes of cruises for Halong Bay. I suggest the mid-range cruises, and they will include transportation from Hanoi. Recently, I was on the Dragon Pearl cruise, but was a little disappointed (mainly with the food). I have heard very good things about the Bhaya cruises, and I suggest you book with this agent.

My advice is to avoid the budget cruises for the sake of safety and your comfort. There is very little to do in Halong City, itself - it's all about the cruise!

#2 Posted: 25/5/2014 - 12:39

• caroquette

Joined Travelfish
    15th April, 2014

What do you thank is best: Sapa ou Ha Long Bay?

Thank you

#3 Posted: 25/5/2014 - 15:05

• comtam3000

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2014
    Location United States

The two are very different, Carolina. I haven't been to Halong Bay, but I can attest for the natural beauty and cultural diversity of the Sapa region. Check out some pictures, read up on the forum, and figure out for yourself what you'd prefer!

For a Halong Bay tour you'll be swimming, kayaking, eating, and drinking on a boat with other travelers, surrounded by magnificent karst limestone landscapes.

For Sapa, you have the option to trek through local hill tribes, interact with locals, and take in the gorgeous mountainous views and cooler mountain climate.

It's all about your preferences, I feel the two are far too different to compare though.

#4 Posted: 4/6/2014 - 01:36

• caroquette

Joined Travelfish
    15th April, 2014

Thank you all for the advice!

#5 Posted: 4/6/2014 - 07:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.