Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

From Hanoi to Ha Long Bay - HELP

Posted by caroquette on 24/5/2014 at 18:12

Hey everyone!

So... I wanted your help on planning my trip to Ha Long Bay.

What shall I do? Shall I get a bus ticket in Hanoi to travel to the bay? Should I sleep at a hotel or a boat? If I do sleep on a boat, what is the best company to buy from?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Best Regards,

Carolina

#1 caroquette has been a member since 15/4/2014. Posts: 22

Posted by daawgon on 25/5/2014 at 12:39

It all depends on your budget since there are 3 classes of cruises for Halong Bay. I suggest the mid-range cruises, and they will include transportation from Hanoi. Recently, I was on the Dragon Pearl cruise, but was a little disappointed (mainly with the food). I have heard very good things about the Bhaya cruises, and I suggest you book with this agent.

My advice is to avoid the budget cruises for the sake of safety and your comfort. There is very little to do in Halong City, itself - it's all about the cruise!

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,091

Posted by caroquette on 25/5/2014 at 15:05

What do you thank is best: Sapa ou Ha Long Bay?

Thank you

#3 caroquette has been a member since 15/4/2014. Posts: 22

Posted by comtam3000 on 4/6/2014 at 01:36

The two are very different, Carolina. I haven't been to Halong Bay, but I can attest for the natural beauty and cultural diversity of the Sapa region. Check out some pictures, read up on the forum, and figure out for yourself what you'd prefer!

For a Halong Bay tour you'll be swimming, kayaking, eating, and drinking on a boat with other travelers, surrounded by magnificent karst limestone landscapes.

For Sapa, you have the option to trek through local hill tribes, interact with locals, and take in the gorgeous mountainous views and cooler mountain climate.

It's all about your preferences, I feel the two are far too different to compare though.

#4 comtam3000 has been a member since 4/6/2014. Location: United States. Posts: 72
 Website 

Posted by caroquette on 4/6/2014 at 07:30

Thank you all for the advice!

#5 caroquette has been a member since 15/4/2014. Posts: 22

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.