Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Motorbike Vietnam August weather ? advice please

• GJL

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2014

Hello , me and my brother are considering motorbiking vietnam from 25th july - 16th august , obviously it is the rainy season however I wondered if anybody had experience to how much this actually affected their travelling ? With tropical weather I understand you just get a downpour for part of the day but will this affect the roads through the whole of the month making riding quite unenjoyable.

We would likely start in Saigon and head inland towards the border of Cambodia and head north from there cutting back aross to Dalat and the coast before returning to Saigon , ( as a rough route )

thanks in advance for any help

#1 Posted: 17/6/2014 - 14:16

• Advertisement

• gecktrek

Click here to learn more about gecktrek
    Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2013
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 104

hey, i did a similar trip to yours but in reverse in feb/mar and it didn't rain at all... the lp book says the central highlands gets up to 200mm during jul/aug...

#2 Posted: 17/6/2014 - 17:38

• tanash

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2014

Hey There, may you enjoy the bike-thrill. After the amazing motorcycle odyssey most welcome to the awesome experience waiting Here http://metanvirashraf.blogspot.com/

#3 Posted: 17/6/2014 - 19:49

• hellotallgi-
    rl

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2014

GJL
    I'm planning a motorbike trip around that time too. From what I can tell, it's going to pour sometimes but people make do with just a rain poncho. Personally, I'm going to have my pack with me for a lot of the rides so I'm searching for a waterproof cover. I don't remember where I heard this last bit but riding through puddles is a bad idea because they may be concealing giant pot holes.
    Good luck!

#4 Posted: 26/6/2014 - 18:00

• riderman74

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

Dear everyone,

During August, you could have some rains and be careful when you ride in the mountainous areas in the small roads or tracks.

http://motorbiketoursasia.com

If someone would like to have more informations, please write to me!

#5 Posted: 15/7/2014 - 03:25

• larsay

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

July and August are monsoon season in the South so I would stay away ; the rest of the country is OK (but hot !)

#6 Posted: 20/7/2014 - 02:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Itinerary advice, weather in August and things to do ... By Saranne44 on 29 Mar 2014 1 924 29 Mar 2014
motorbike vietnam with me in august ... By loudem on 24 Jul 2013 0 478 24 Jul 2013
Weather in Laos / north of Vietnam July / August & beaches in the north of Vietnam ... By stefanovic on 19 Dec 2006 1 6823 20 Dec 2006