Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Best Vietnam beaches

• Randur

Joined Travelfish
    20th June, 2014

My husband and I are planning a trip there end of July, beginning of August. We are needing some r& r and would like a few beach days. Suggestions?

#1 Posted: 21/6/2014 - 00:12

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I'd say the best beaches I've seen in Vietnam are on Phu Quoc Island. I also liked the beach around Da Nang/Hoi'an, not as clean and natural but a nice area. You'll want to check the weather patterns before deciding as different regions have different rainy seasons.

#2 Posted: 21/6/2014 - 18:59

• Want2BHappy

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2013

Phu Quoc has some beautiful beaches, but not reliably so in July/August...

#3 Posted: 22/6/2014 - 13:35

• Travis_Chia

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2014

Nha Trang, a delightful south coast city, is generally recognised as Vietnam's premier beach destination. Six kilometres of sand joins the sea to the city, with rolling waves on one side and fringed on the other by cafes, restaurants, and some unusual modern sculptures.

#4 Posted: 25/6/2014 - 00:18

• Travis_Chia

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2014

Last month, my friend visited Co To island in the north. It is among the pristine beauties in Vietnam which is located in Quang Ninh province.

#5 Posted: 26/6/2014 - 00:41

• clairejacks-
    on

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2014

Most of the beaches in the Central and in the South are enjoyable, so you can easily find places for some r&r. I would highly recommend Phu Quoc and Con Dao Island.
    In the North I think beaches are less clean and you have to go to some islands to find clean ones. And like some others said above Co To is a good choice.

#6 Posted: 3/7/2014 - 04:15

• larsay

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

July and August are the 2 months of the monsoon in the South, so beaches in Phu Quoc or Con Dao Islands is more than risky. As for Nha Trang, the beach is lined with concrete and it has the bad reputation of being the destination of Russian tourists-drunkards; I would strongly recommend HOI AN, with its 2 beautiful beaches (An Bong with no hotels and Cua Dai with a lot of expensive resorts, both accessible by bicycle) + the very charming Cham island.

#7 Posted: 20/7/2014 - 01:33

• anniele

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2014
    Places visited:
    At least 19

Posted from within Vietnam.

I vote for Nha Trang. It's considered to be one of the most beautiful bay around the world. There are also many places to visit: Ponagar Tower, Long Son Pagoda, 4 Islands. You definitely should try street food there - cheap and unique.

If you want to spend much time at the beach I recommend that you should book a room on Tran Phu Street, the center of Nha Trang. It's opposite the beach. You can have a very fascinating room view

#8 Posted: 25/7/2014 - 12:57

• comtam3000

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2014
    Location United States

The most beautiful beaches I saw in Vietnam were on the Hon Gom Peninsula, Ban Dao Province, north of Nha Trang. Completely empty too! You'll need a scooter to get there though.

14588049268_db7cf135d1.jpg

#9 Posted: 2/8/2014 - 20:52

• ameliejones

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2014

Here are some beautiful beaches and islands, must visit these beaches while traveling in Vietnam:

· Danang
    · Doc Let
    · Phan Thiet
    · Phu Quoc Island

#10 Posted: 4/8/2014 - 08:11

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.