Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Open Tour Bus and Backpacker\'s Area in HCM

• GunhoforVN

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2014

Hi:

I just found this website today and would like to know what exactly is open tour bus. I will spend 2 weeks in Vietnam this October and in the process of planning our trip. I want to go to Hanoi and visit Hay Long. I saw some negative posts regarding Hay Long excursions. What are the pitfalls I should be aware of when going on a cruise/ferry ride and explore different scenic stops along the way? There will be us two girls going, so safety will be an important consideration.

I am also aware of the backpacker's area on Pham Ngu Lao in HCM, where I can get cheap tours. Does anyone know where I can access these tours online? I just want to see which ones I want to go on before arriving there. I have also heard of taxi scams at Tan Son Nhat airport. Could someone suggest safe rides from the airports in HCM and Hanoi to the city centers.

Thank you in advance for your help.

#1 Posted: 22/6/2014 - 21:11

• Advertisement

• GunhoforVN

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2014

Thank you so much for your detailed responses, especially inclusion of the pictures. I'll certainly look out for those cabs!

With the websites you provided, I'll be able to do some advance planning. Information from locals is always so invaluable to the new and bewildered tourists.

Thanks again for all your assistance. You've helped to allay our fear of the taxi scams and danger at Tan Son Nhat airport.

#2 Posted: 15/7/2014 - 01:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.